An essential accessory

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An essential accessory
    Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:43pm
Slyde View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My best recent purchase is a set of saddlebags for an ATV/quadbike. These are designed to fit over the petrol tank of the ATV but it turns out they fit perfectly under the rear seat of my FXHO. Each bag is large enough that I have one set up with all my SB stuff and the other with all my jigs. Easy to get to and there is a sealed drink bottle container that comfortably fits my VHF and keeps it dry. I cant seem to post pictures here but the brand is Quadboss. 50 bucks well spent.
tight lines.
BTW if you are buying a different brand make sure the span between the bags is big enough for your ski as some only have a narrow span.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:29pm
kiwi4x4 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi these look good did you buy local or from USA ?
5 Knots variable
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 5:24pm
Slyde View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

locally off trademe from a quadbike shop. Sorry cant remember the name. There seem to be quite a few quadbike dealers around town.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:12pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Quadboss - QB156610was it this
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:13pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

or this
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 5:30pm
Slyde View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yeah that black one is it, money well spent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 7:16pm
kiwi4x4 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Has any one found where to buy one in NZ I when to a couple of bike shops but no luck with getting one?
5 Knots variable
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 7:21pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'll try and search where I found that one from, but I know it wasn't $50, now like $120, let you know when I get a chance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 7:30pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

http://www.mrmotorcycles.co.nz/products/farm/accessories/atv-accessories/quadboss-qb156610-adjustable-tank-saddlebag.aspx
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:11am
Slyde View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I think I got mine from Wooton's Auto Accessories in New Lynn Auckland.
There do seem to be a few options that pop up in Trademe from time to time in the ATV section.
Maybe I was lucky with the price. $120 would still be good as there is never quite enough easy storage on a ski. I also got a couple of smaller bags with velcro tabs that i can strap to the bars on my chilly bin but dont really need those now I have the saddlebags.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Maverickfh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 4:29pm
Maverickfh View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

These are the saddle bags I use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr7gICIogQ0&list=PLysvViMQJ0KBxotUepe1DZmR7JAa5Qv4H&index=2
We sell them online at: www.maverickfishhunter.com
they are made especially for a PWC, I love them, no more lack of space problem