cordless drill, reel winding t bars

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cordless drill, reel winding t bars
    Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:26am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whats the info on theses as seen on american vidos and matts tv  show

can u buy them in nz  , 

info on making one etc 

how to use them , Embarrassed what not to do with them LOL  etc 

for winding up deep dropers for  standed type reels  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:50am
AlexFyssher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I bought one of Melton tackle as no one had them here in NZ.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:53am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ok what do they call them 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nirai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:09am
Nirai View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Reel Cranky
"Gunrunner" Surtees 610 Game Fisher current
*"Double Barrel" Seacat 635 "Good Riddance!"
*"Seriola" Surtees 485 CC Retired with honours!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:18am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cool i will have a look thanks guys 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:18am
AlexFyssher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:00pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been thinking..
I pull the near 1 tonne boat up with a 18v battery drill.. faster than can wind with the winch... just a cut off socket extension and a slotted socket.
That link above with fancy steel , machining etc....definitely value added marketing BS.....a slotted socket would do the same job surely???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 10:12am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yes but sockets are harden steel but  that  sort of  thing  must  be posable with a  bit of  kiwi  , i  did  a think of maybe  making  some thing  out  of  plastic pipe or  hard wood mit have a look at a socket lol  

u would nt want to damage your reel  LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 10:23am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yes but sockets are harden steel

Yep IF you have quality or reasonable quality tools....and high quality, dont bother even trying....unless have a lath or milling machine.

I always have a set of elcheapo Chinese sockets/ ring spanners....they cut/ grind/ file and even can be bent easy....so when u need a custom tool... which usually dont get a lot of use...grab a Chinese one and couple minutes later the job becomes easy and comfortable
The socket on the drill used to bring the boat up is an impact socket, and to cut the grooves a cut off wheel in a 4" grinder.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:08am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You can cut the slot with a standard angle grinder.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Juan night only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:43pm
Juan night only View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

They look the business those things. I have seen another version that has a bar to turn the handle rather than turning the nut.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 6:28pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is the bit of "Kiwi" that I refer to above... just bigger scale to to a reel....That has a 1.5AH ci battery... recon a 2.5 lithium would be ideal
Then apply that to a reel....I would pick up one of those 'Icon' 14v single battery lithuim drills at Mitre 10...had a couple those over the yrs di8d better than I expected for the price.
Chop the end of a Chinese socket extension 1/2"  file/ grind the chopped end into a rounded triangle to fit the jaws in the chuck. 
The socket, since it has a little slop in it acts like a mini universal joint along with the bit of slot that I would have drop over the reel handle nut but grips on the reel handle, so holding the drill id smooth...the down side is occasionally u pull the extension out of the socket , drop the socket. That down side is one walk 20m cause it has rolled, and pick it up.
Mention above using plastic tube/ conduct sort of stuff
Yeah.. a hard socket will eventually wear/ dent the handle....a hard plastic tube would be the way to go
Hell thats damn near a electric reel motor/ driver for under $100 ready to go...