Anyone spear out of a dinghy inflatable?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone spear out of a dinghy inflatable?
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:48pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone spearing out of a 9-10ft RIB or inflatable?

Thought they would make good easily transportable platform just to get round rocky headlands inaccessible by foot?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazzathemammoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:57pm
bazzathemammoth View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ive speared out of the inflatable tender for my yacht b4. TBH i would buy a kayak again before a small inflatable though. Rowing an inflatable sucks and the cost of a small inflatable + motor is quite high. Also blowing it up blows. Not to mention its harder to get in and out of than a kayak. I didn't find it too hard to tow my old kayak behind me but the inflatable was a real drag. Oh and you cant easily put a hole in a plastic kayak either.

All of this is just my highly biased, barely substantiated opinion of course :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vegetableman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:28pm
Vegetableman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I used to use a 3m nimrod. It was the bees knees. I still miss it for anything in close. So easy to launch and anchor anywhere.

It was pretty lethal with a 30hp on the back but would still plane with 4 guys and gear and catch. If you can find a well priced one snap it up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:36pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wow just watched a guy showing how to get in and out, looks damn easy, bellow flop on and then straddle, easier than getting into my old rib.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Renz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:03pm
Renz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Little ribs (3m and under) are  epic spearo boats. Easy to launch, easy to get in and out of, stable and don't mind a bit of water inside. We have used them to dive all around the cavallis, dragged them over the sand to dive the reefs out of spirits bay and can be towed behind a bigger boat and used as a tender. They are also relatively cheap and only need a small outboard, I would recommend a motor you can carry, that way you can launch in even more remote spots.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 7:27pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yep thats what i was figuring. our last 4m RIB with the 50hp 3 cyl yammy i couldnt carry by myself for some reason rofl

plus deflated you can store them in an apartment.