Flounder tamaki river

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tin cann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flounder tamaki river
    Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:02am
Tin cann View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all does anyone know of any flounder spots in the tamaki river, what is the best tide, at night or day etc. not to sure where to start. Would there be flounder in the river now??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 11:54am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes there's flounder can drag a net but not set a net
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 7:30pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lived in pakuranga for a while and lived to flounder the area. daytime only, i never flounder at night due to getting caught once in deep mud and almost going byebyes.

any of the mudflats from Riverlea ave / st Kentigen are holds large numbers of flounder. hard in some areas, super soft in others.Not a night spot.

The inlet at the end of millen Ave that leads to riverina school holds decent numbers and also has pretty solid mud. i used to go 2 hours after low tide and just wade the very edge of the incoming tide,maybe an inch or two of water, back n forth and repeat. an hour usually got me 4-5 large ones. 

Point england reserve and walk out towards the long spit that goes out nearly to bucklands beach is very firm ground, often very clear and holds decent numbers.

Even caught a few large ones right beside the riverhills soccer club amongst the mangroves.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1b5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 2:37pm
1b5 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am just starting out and looking for some local spots to try, got my spear and underwater light. Quick question - the inlet at the end of millen Ave that leads to riverina school you mentioned earlier, is that a day spot or night spot? how hard is the mud there, went for a look today and seems the mud is around ankle deep? any other spots around that area that I could try? thanks in advance.