Action cameras??????

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:41am
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

[QUOTE=flyfisher]Just through online sites part-timer. www.basenz.com in Wanaka sell them as does a few other online retailers, always had good service from Base. The Drift network is nowhere near as extensive as GoPro which have a truly massive marketing machine.

Action cameras are a funny item, I reckon at least 90% of the people who buy them, use them once or twice then stick them in a draw never to be used again... filming is easy, uploading, editing and soundtracks are hard!
[/QUOTE

I am trying to find where to buy the head strap in NZ, I spoke to Base they dont (if they did they would be over priced) spoke to the importer and thats like getting blood out of a stone,

Also I remember you mounting a camera on a cap - how is that going? I dont like the idea off the bricks as will sink pretty quick..

As for under water I have the underwater housing - the is all mounted to a 14 foot gaff for those under water shots ,

Also what settings would you suggest for the camera to get the best video(hate the fish bowl effect),

I have used the camera at night with light bar attached to a quad and it works well

Do you find the cameras fog up easy- (lcd screen) when its cold, have found the camera needs to be in the UW housing when really cold to stop this...

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:42am
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Cheers for the info Andrew I now own a Ghost s . If anyone is going to import some of those $20.00 batteries I'm keen.

I'm pretty keen to get some
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 9:38pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 1:18pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not sure I've seen a head-strap Scuzzy, but all the straps I ever tried with Contour and GoPro were useless anyway as move around too much. I modified a Macpac cap (stiff - Aztec fabric) which works well, I think there is no substitute for head mounting to be honest for fishing.

Cap-cam detailed here:

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/evolution-of-the-capcam_topic89799.html

Fish bowl happens when you tilt your head down. Keep your head level(ish) and not pointed down or up and you won't get it, in saying that, the Ghost is not as bad as the GoPro and Sony's IMO despite having a similar FOV.  I always record in 1080 60p as I like to use slow motion and mix in with my point and shoot video, but in reality 720fps is fine for Youtube.

Yes, my LCD screen fogs, I don't know anyone who doesn't have this issue, it causes no harm and I just cannot get rid of it, only happens on hot sunny days for me, you can usually still read the screen fine. I have no idea why they make cameras predominantly black! The Drift also has the least lens fogging of all the action cameras I have used. GoPro was terrible for it inside it's wee acrylic oven and resorting to anti-fog pads was a pain and expensive!

I have found the importer pretty average as well - same old story, just don't think they know, nor use their products! I see Drift deliver to NZ now though from their website which is good.

Amazon sell the Wasabi's as well with a free charger, I think it's getting harder to import batteries though due to stupid regulatory PC rubbish. They are awesome batteries, easy consistent 3 hours +.

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-Charger-Ghost-S/dp/B00BYGSD6M
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 9:36pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks yet again Andrew. This looks to be a better deal. Is that freight free over $50.00 international as well? Anyone want to get one and have an account? Combine to get free freight.
Page  <12