New Drone Fishing and Filming forum

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 11:03am
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

pm me your email addy and ill fire it over..   (some are pretty obvious of course..)

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 12:09pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just been reading the rules and so forth regarding the drone Kontiki things- now from what I read on the facebook page for the company selling on trademe is you need to ask for council approval first before going fishing is this correct? Also does this include using any drone on a beach? if I'm wrong or miss understanding this please let me know

Aero Kontiki Good questions Roy. Yes, we still have to follow Part 101 of the CAA rules and the Black canopy helps see the AeroKontiki at this distance. In controlled airspace the AeroKontiki user needs to get permission from the local tower and there is a simple and supportive procedure to follow. As of this month permissions are needed from the owners and administrators of property they intend flying over. Foreshore and seabed are normally administrated by local councils. Individuals have been in discussion with councils and so far the consensus is we can fly directly from beaches straight out to sea as long as Part 101 is followed.

Envirobotics Ltd welcomes the new CAA rules effective today, 1st of August 2015, and fully support the safe use of drones for recreation and enjoyment. Today we raised our flag at Eastern beach to notify all of our AeroKontiki fishing flight, and we had permission from the Auckland Council to proceed. Safe, simple and a lot of fun.
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ferntech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 10:12am
Ferntech View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Check out our Phantom 2(Fishermans Drone) Only- $1299

Fitted with our own in-house designed and manufactured payload drop mechanism the Phantom 2 has become a greater tool for use in several industries.

Features:
  • Can Fly for 20 Mins
  • Can go out 1 Km with a safety Return To Home feature if signal lost or Battery going flat.
  • Capable of lifting 30oz

For More Information Visit: http://ferntech.co.nz/phantom-2-fishermans-drone/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RottweilerluvNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:26pm
RottweilerluvNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Getting a fishing line drop installed tomorrow (finally after the screw ball around to get it up to Auckland!!!), hope to get the P3 out as soon as can after that.

Done some distance testing off Muriwai - so far so good.  Will do some over land testing with the drop and line over land this weekend.

Hopefully next week should be good to go.  Pretty excited as you can imagine this is going to be amplified surfcasting on a whole new level.

Will be keen to try it off some of the East coast beaches too, Omaha and the likes.

Always a chance you could go down, if I do - I'm going to crash into the drink properly.  Talked to a lot of the guys on the Phantom forums lot's to learn there.

I thought about a home made rig but lot's of people lose their drones with some of these, so hopefully this dropper is the beez knees.

I look forward to posting a vid or photos of any action, maybe see some of you up Muriwai - been heading out to the mouth all year which is cool, with a drone obviously won't have to drive all the way out anymore all the time!

Good luck fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 8:37pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Drone fishing with the Hiwi the Kiwi crew - Mark & Chrissy de Lacy

While staying at Hiwi the Kiwi nest in the far North (Doubtless Bay) I was invited for a drone fish by Mark and Chrissy de Lacy - We left just on daybreak and the plan was to drop out the electric line holding 15 odd hooks and a 3 rig dropper on a standard rod...

This would be Mark and Chris's second time using it so they are still in the learning stage - the first time used they managed to pull in one single fish - not a lot you say but the single fish was a 15lb Snapper so not bad for their first outing I would think...

This would be my first time with a drone but have fished years with a Kontiki - we use to set it off Muriwai on the Westcoast way back in the late 70's. My dad and friend set it out a good 2k's off the beach - this was old school with the big bag, you use to use the wind to blow it up...

Mark set the first rig out just on daybreak around 750-800mtrs and then the second went out at about 350mtrs - We new the fish had moved out to the 20mtr mark in the Bay but being new to it, it was more about getting out doing it and learn each time used - He leaves these out for a good 45mins similar to a kontiki/torpedo or kite...

This time we didn't get anything but he came away with some new tips and tricks that I mentioned he could trial so all an all it was still a successful morning for him - I can't wait to see what he gets once the fish move back into the Bay and hopefully I can get back up there and try it with him again some time soon.

Tight Lines

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Orcarafiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 11:44am
Orcarafiki View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just starting out and reviewing drones etc, so would welcome hints and tricks info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 8:50pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here's a vid using the splash drone with a few drops off the west coast....was last year but thought I'd chuck it up for some variety....

A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry.g88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:18pm
Garry.g88 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Extremely new to this whole thing guys so apologies if my questions seem stupid. I've been interested in buying a drone for a while and have been fishing some what regularly of late. I'm currently doing my research and trying to decide what drone to buy. I've come across this article - http://www.droneriot.com/best-drones-for-fishing/ and I'm no too sure what to go for.

I'm torn between the Splash Drone 3 Fisherman, which seems great - waterproof, remote payload release mechanism and a decent range. What worries me is its 16 minute flight time, its advertised at 18 but from what I gather it is more 16. 

My alternative is to buy a DJI Phantom 3 Pro (i've wanted one of these for a while now), and attach a release clip to it. How reliable are these 3rd party release clips?

Not too sure what option to go for, thanks in advance :)
< ="chrome-extension://hhojmcideegachlhfgfdhailpfhgknjm/web_accessible_resources/index.js">
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 6:26am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Check out the story in the latest Fishing in Godzone mag it's got some info there on drone fishing. My 2 cents - if you haven't flown drones before, buy a second hand one and practice on land until you are completely comfortable with it, battery life times, flight agility, different payloads, different windy conditions (simulating whatever conditions you will try to fish in) and understanding the limits before flying out over water. If that all goes awesome and you catch fish and want to do it long term then go get a new/better one..... If you buy new, Read the warranty/instructions inside out because if something goes wrong and it wasn't exactly how they said to do it wont be covered..... even if it is a recommendation on wind speed for example.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DavePayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 6:23am
DavePayne View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

oh, i wish to see more videos and pics from drone this is absolutely amazing feature and experience Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 1:58pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is VERY exciting. Ive been wanting a drone for ages to scope reef structure and guts and channels in the surf. If I could get one that also can tow a long line Id be stoked.

I imagine they arent cheap?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:22pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The DJI phantom 3's would be ok. Good for seeing the structure - would have to have it out on a sunny day, low tide to see the most. Sometimes the live feed gets pixelated because its difficult to show the water crisply. Recording it to view later will make it easier. You could also tow a few baits out, but the max payload is a bit light - 900gr from memory. That covers sinker, baits and some resistance from pulling the line out. You could pick up the basic second hand for about 600. It has limitations in video and distance, the advanced would probably be the better pick, about 800-1000 depending on extras. The Aero kontiki is designed especially for drone fishing, dont think it has any camera though for viewing reef etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:08pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There is a 3kg release for the phantom 4 I read on dronefishing.com

Page  <12