ITM fishing show

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:31pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

i haven't watched one for ages, but since it was raining up here in the far north i just thought i would,
too many ads for starters, but finally between other programs i managed to swap back and catch some pretty good footage from the ITM show,
the underwater diving i enjoyed because i used to do it, that water was so clear and the footage was cool shame they didn't get the Gt White on film but those are the breaks,
the Mahimahi were excellent just shows how smaller object you need to hold so many fish,
what about the odd ball fish swimming with them, now that was cool because if this is a regular occurrence then we may eventually end up with some decent by catch while chasing Kings and what not.
well done ITM.

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:44am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I thought last nights show was great - pity re not getting footage of the Great White but that happens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:52am
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Record and fast toward the ads, I was watching some 1/2 hour episodes last year, ad free they were 22 minutes long!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 12:56pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yep last nights was good , great spot .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 1:10pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It would sure be cool if we could establish a population of amberjacks down here!
Maybe even import some Samson fish from W.A. too, lol
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 1:46pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

fully agree Capt A, was that a Amber Jack or a Samson?
haven't seen a young Amber, so is this how they look with a stripe like that?
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 2:00pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great show , cool to see the bait and switch with the marlin, would be good to see Matt hand off the rod to one of the guest anglers ....
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 3:25pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah Eric, it is really noticeable on the smaller examples.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 4:04pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Great show , cool to see the bait and switch with the marlin, would be good to see Matt hand off the rod to one of the guest anglers ....

Indeed, but he did pass a hooked Kingie to Marama- one of the team!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 4:16pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by muchalls muchalls wrote:

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Indeed, but he did pass a hooked Kingie to Marama- one of the team!

yeah and you could see how stoked she was, for Matt to hand off a marlin is no big deal for him as he's caught a few, would of made a great end to the show
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 5:57pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nothing like hooking a good fish... not tell the new person on board and quietly pass it onto a newbie crew member... saying something like.... "I really need a leak, could u bring this one in for me please..." and leave them to it
And then stand back and enjoy....

Any fishing show that one learns something or shows something a little different to try is a good show....
No different to standing at the magazine rack in the supermarket, and come across an article worth reading more... and buy the mag.

And we are fortunate here in NZ with our shows as mags... most have something like that
Page  <1 234