Grunter Hunter Fishing comp

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:13pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for helpin with my boat at the ramp coxie.... we caught very few carrots ( alltho its all you can eat gurnard at my place tonight )and diddnt take any prizes... but we had a great day with awesome weather...

great event come along next year guys, you'll have a blast

cheers
wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:45pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Why are the marine forecasts so consistently inaccurate/poor in this nation?
Though I am pleased the wrong type of weather turned out so well for the comp.
Any hard luck/duffus types prizes given out? 
Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:12pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by 3rnzir 3rnzir wrote:

Why are the marine forecasts so consistently inaccurate/poor in this nation?
Though I am pleased the wrong type of weather turned out so well for the comp.
Any hard luck/duffus types prizes given out? 

no , nothing to see here3rnzir move along.

so was a long day hitting the grunter hunter from south of the bombays again this year.
smudge had really sorted the weather as promised, although we did get hit by one heavy shower ...felt for coxie on his ski but in reality with his good gear he was probably drier than us!
Had a steady day carroting, harder than last year for us best going 1.01kg so not good enough.
great comp once again, good to see the f.netters there and took home a few feeds of ky and gurnhard.
thanks to CSFC, Smudge and Skoti i think theres something wrong with your scales mate
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:50pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Was a great day, we caught plenty but nothing big enough. Was a pleasure meeting all thew fnetters. Bazza got me horribly drunken on Saturday night and I'm a little too tired to post up a decent report so maybe I'll do that tomorrow. It was good to see such a great turnout from here, nice to meet you all and thanks for your support. Smudge out.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote P.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 7:49am
P.T View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Made the commitment and had a good day.Caught  plenty after a few moves, but like many, not big enough.Don't fish inside much, so was a big learning curve. The winner was big enough to ride home on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zukman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 1:19pm
zukman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a great day.It was good for me to be in the prizes for change instead of my crew.Still looking for a podium.Next year maybe.Thanks to DKM & Counties Locksmiths & all those who help us on the day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:08pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A great day out but tough fishing out there for us .
The weighmasters did a superb job ( as always Wink ) and Smudge altered the forecast with some type of black magic Shocked
Speaking of weighmasters , it's not always an easy job and most of the time we are flat broke , donations of alcohol are always appreciated.....
...wait that's not what I meant to write *TUI* , I meant to say it's not always easy when dodgy people try to pass off hybrid fish at the weighstation .
Case in point below .

Here we have ClubMat and his equally dodgy friends KevinS , Cypri , Mars and Lee trying to pull a fast one .
I don't think so fellas , not all up in here you don't , NOT ALL UP IN HERE Angry
Anyhoo no prizes for team Delta One this year , but we will be back Big smile
Thankyou to Smudge and Zukman for organizing another great event Clap
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cypri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 6:01pm
cypri View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

maps was scanned , talks were held ,plans was hatched , the  skipper was bang on, and great day out indeed -  team  grumps had it in the bag , confidence was high it was a true muddy grunter beast! but the scales of the skoti wasnt kind to us, Cry
many thanks to the sponsers and the guys who made it all happen
maybe a box of tui in the skoti scales will make a differenceWink
  next year we'll be back
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 8:16pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Was a great day, we caught plenty but nothing big enough. Was a pleasure meeting all thew fnetters. Bazza got me horribly drunken on Saturday night and I'm a little too tired to post up a decent report so maybe I'll do that tomorrow. It was good to see such a great turnout from here, nice to meet you all and thanks for your support. Smudge out.

It just so happens there is photographic evidence of Smudge being subjected to extreme torture in order to force him into submitting to indulge against his will !

However credit given where credit due inasmuch as he did use his magical weather control powers to subdue forecast 20 knt winds down to a mere 5 knt zephyr for most of the day.

Maybe if there had been a "most colourful" selection we might have been in with a chance

Or how about a stand alone "Te Toro Turtle Tournament " ?

!

Mike must have been waving his magic weather wand right up to the 4 pm close off.

This guy did not have to wait in the queue at the ramp & simply charged ashore driving up the beach on the hull then simply lowered the wheels & drove off ! 

We did have some small consolation in the form of this solitary flounder

Consolation that is for the fact it came with a couple of tonne of the dreaded red weed also caught in the net that was left out overnight Sunday.

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zukman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 8:45pm
zukman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My God ,Smudge & Neil drinking out of glasses.How civilised of you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote craysee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 8:53pm
craysee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers guys good day no whoppers for us.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 10:11pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Despite an impeccable plan of Grunter domination, we were thwarted by either the fish not showing up for the big dance, or a trawler sweeping up the Waiuku Channel on the eve of the comp. Not sure which.

Team Grumps resolve was strong to the death, with Cypri finally bagging a fish which surely was a contender. After all, if this was the only fish we could catch after the planning, preparation and copious amounts of burley we had smothering the mudflats of the harbor, how could anyone else have fared better?

Cypri retired for the day, splitting his time between deckie duties and browsing TradeMe spending his winnings.

The weather gods were kinder than they were predicted to be, and with prior knowledge we may have tweaked our approach.

At the end of the day we pummelled the water with all manner of baits and techniques and managed 1 fish each to weigh in.

There was some concern with the queue of boats at the ramp. Our monster gurnard may be delayed from making the scales. There was quite a crowd & I could only assume they had heard of our catch and were gathering to see the unveiling.

A murmer of disappointment was heard through the expectant crowd as it appeared the sheer weight of Cypri's gurnard exceeded the tolerances of Skoti's scales and rendered them useless. With no one in a fit and sober state to man the gantry, our fish was rendered insubmittable and Cypri was presented with an invoice for $300 to replace the shattered weighing machine.

A sad end to our day indeed.

Prior to that moment however we had a great day on the briny, with a lot of laughs and a bit of brandy.

Thanks to the sponsors and all the good folk that put in the time to put the event together. My first attempt at the big time. Team Grumps will be back next year, wiser, stronger, and with a decent set of scales...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 11:11pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Weekend had in the South!

Thanks to all those who put in the hard work and made this event such a success Clap
We will be back next year for another shot at the much contested title of 'Grunter Hunter' 

(Skoti's scales were working just fine when they weighed my fish in at 1.28kg perhaps Cypri came along after me...?)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 12:22am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I guess he did F1, you did very well.

I've put up a fishing report 'Friday night Gambling grannies and gurnard' ...
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 11:15am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Neil...... drunk out of a glass , well bugger me..... what next? is he gunna move into town???..
Page  <1 234