Disgusting Behaviour

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 8:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your freezer is chocka.
Rubbish day is 5 days away.
You been let down by a person who says they will pick up the heads and frames!
And you have no room in your fridge to keep the frames and head in top nick.
Your garden has no where to bury them.

1 of 2 things
1/ head up to the local iter 10 or bunninbgs store and have a GOOD look around at the rubbish bins... how well the lids seal/ fit... and yes there is 1 brand at least that has a tight seal fot and side clips...
And it works well
Or
2/ sand the inside seal edge of your current rubbish bin lid....lay a thin grease layer on the opposing edge of the bin, and some strips news paper over that....now lay a good bead of roofing silicon or better still windscreen urethane sealant... put the lid on the bin, press down lightly and leave for 24 hrs

Then throw a handful of garden lime in the bottom of the bin...
And the bag of frames, throw a handful in there , bit of a shake... put in the rubbish bin,
Good for 2 weeks if thats how often u put the rubbish out.

And yes it works for ANYTHING that may get smelly... the grandfather used to lime 60+yrs ago.. the old man used to do it with his frames  thru to late 60s.. we have been doing it for near on 50yrs for smelly stuff...
Never have to 'store' old fish frames or skins in the freezer or fridge again

And issues of frames on beaches, which used to come from around the boat ramp... I can rem my parents their friends being upset at this sort of inconsiderate practice ..as a kid when camping at the beach
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nathchef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 9:09am
nathchef View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the lime works a treat steps, you can also use bokashi chips too (about $10 a bag from garden centers) doesn't smell at all
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 9:27am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

OK so what do you do when.

Your freezer is chocka.
Rubbish day is 5 days away.
You been let down by a person who says they will pick up the heads and frames!
And you have no room in your fridge to keep the frames and head in top nick.
Your garden has no where to bury them.

To me the sensible place to "bury" them is back where they come from and feed the eco system they came from. 

Any other suggestions?

Also all the guys who run over possums, rabbit and hedgehogs should pick up their litter too. And hunters who shoot animals for fun.

Your freezer is chocka with fish frames? Take them out the last time you went and dump them at sea.
Rubbish day is 5 days away? Go to your friendly transfer station: they will welcome you with a friendly smile.

Or just dump them where its someone else's problem: that seems to be what you want to do.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 9:45am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by A LOAF OF BREAD A LOAF OF BREAD wrote:

What is peoples problems?. Seems like many are being brainwashed.

I dont even think i want to be a member of this forum anymore. It seems like most people just like to moan about other peoples fishing habits than there own. Many are probably hypocrites themselves. 

You know what.  I am going to go get my limit of 20lb breeding snappers,  and im not going to release a single one, gut hook them all, and then post a photo of the whole lot on here,  then im going to dump the frames back in the ocean and take a photo.

wah wah. I will give you something to moan about if that is all you want to do.

I dont even think i want to be a member of this forum anymore. ........... Ok then ta - ta.

You know what.  I am going to go get my limit of 20lb breeding snappers. .........  You wish - not even in your lifetime.

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 9:49am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rotting fish frames on popular swimming and walking beaches comes down to one main point. And that is --DANGEROUS BACTERIA. Just waiting for someone to get spiked. And often that someone is likely to be a little child.

Another down side of fish spikes is they often break off below the skin ,compounding the problem.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:17am
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Alob go take your pills mate.
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:42am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

this thread is getting interesting ....
Fish frames can certainly bring out the good and the bad attitudes that different opinions are to be held on the subject.Loaf of bread has decided hes going to kill all the big fish , post picture of him doing so then not come back on fish net ...
Your challenge loaf of bread is to show us 5 20lb snapper lol
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A LOAF OF BREAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:24am
A LOAF OF BREAD View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by mowerman mowerman wrote:

this thread is getting interesting ....
Fish frames can certainly bring out the good and the bad attitudes that different opinions are to be held on the subject.Loaf of bread has decided hes going to kill all the big fish , post picture of him doing so then not come back on fish net ...
Your challenge loaf of bread is to show us 5 20lb snapper lol

lol. I never caught a 20lb before. I think my challenge may fail. I was only making a point. It just seems like people always like to pick on others for the fishing habits.

If someone showed a picture of 7, 20lb snappers, even 14 between 2 of them for example, they have stayed within there quota and done nothing wrong but people will still complain.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:42am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This type of thing reflects badly on rec fishers in general, anyone remember this from a couple of years ago http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11178364  Not the type of publicity we really want, and just the type of thing the comms. will jump on and heavily publicise to discredit rec fishers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ohsif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:44am
ohsif View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

lol. I never caught a 20lb before. I think my challenge may fail. I was only making a point. It just seems like people always like to pick on others for the fishing habits.

If someone showed a picture of 7, 20lb snappers, even 14 between 2 of them for example, they have stayed within there quota and done nothing wrong but people will still complain.

Try and stay focused. This thread has nothing to do with fishing habits but a lot to do with illegal and dangerous dumping of waste. In the original post I purposely didn't make any mention of the number or size of the dumped frames.

The council considers dumping waste on the foreshore no different to dumping waste in the local park or any other public place, and I agree.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Billfish2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:59am
Billfish2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What is peoples problems?. Seems like many are being brainwashed.

I dont even think i want to be a member of this forum anymore. It seems like most people just like to moan about other peoples fishing habits than there own. Many are probably hypocrites themselves. 

You know what.  I am going to go get my limit of 20lb breeding snappers,  and im not going to release a single one, gut hook them all, and then post a photo of the whole lot on here,  then im going to dump the frames back in the ocean and take a photo.

wah wah. I will give you something to moan about if that is all you want to do.

What if it was your child that got a sting ray barb in their leg or foot, or an infection from a snapper spine? Think about that Einstein
You say you don't think you want to be a member on here anymore, don't think about it just do it  AND P**S OFF. People that have nothing Constructive to say move on. Do us all a favor Disenable your account.

Hopefully one of the Moderator's do it!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 12:57pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If my freezer is chocka and I can't freeze frames to dump out at sea when next out I will go down the beach at low tide, dig a hole and bury them. Seemed to be the best thing I could think of as I'm sure worms, crabs, lice etc will have a field day eating the frames but doesnt leave a mess of frames rotting on the beach.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A LOAF OF BREAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 1:04pm
A LOAF OF BREAD View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Look guys. I would never do such a thing and not like i can catch a 20lber lol. If it is legal to keep fish within quota and put the frames back in the ocean so be it. Thats all i was trying to say. Yea, i went a bit overboard with my post so i apologise.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 1:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK, I hope there's a lesson learnt there ALoB. No more silly tirades please. Often it is those who complain about 'the rantewrs' are in fact the ranters.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 12:06am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Digging a hole I guess is the best option when hopping in the boat and scooting out a few hundred meters is not an option, just dig it deep please.
Where I camp , a lot of guys dig and bury, but it comes back to the surface. Im too lazy to dig, so I push the boat in and scoot out and drop it overboard. Takes a few minutes.. I had to go to the beach anyway...

There was a useless sod who dumped a heap of frames and heads on the Ngaruawhahia ramp, couldnt be arsed actually throwing them out a bit where they would sink in the river..we threw them out.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Page  <1 234