Gentlemens Hours

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gentlemens Hours
    Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 7:40am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yesterday seemed as good a time as any to go check out the pines to see if the bucks have started to mark their stamping grounds, historically they will mark the same areas provided they survive the rut.

Last year I had found the scrapes but never heard or saw any bucks, so I headed to the same area and straightaway found a manuka bush that had had a recent thrashing, the wind was good so was in the process of skirting a swampy gut when the german girlfriend gave a couple of huffs and damn me at 3 o'clock in the afternoon this guy popped up about 100m away.

Solid little sucker, fat as mud took me a couple of hours getting him back to the scooter.

I'd be lost without the mighty 300, reckon it's extended my hunting career by many years, helps us poor old gold card folks no end.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote catch1t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:55pm
catch1t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

impressive, the deer and the dog..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 9:14pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good bit of work there...and hey nothing wrong with a German girlfriend either...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 12:15am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

nice

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 11:40am
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice