What is this?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this?
    Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:17am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Any ideas what this is?

Was caught in Hawke Bay in 60m on the mud.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:24pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

now that is different BFIST you got me stumped,
from appearance i would say it lives with its A stuck in a hole,
reminds me of a Goby i saw in the Islands which share's a hole with a virtually blind shrimp.
Herby could be the Gentleman who knows this one.  
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:37pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bandfish?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Pimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 1:19pm
Fish Pimp View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yep Herby's spot on Band Fish'' grows to about 30cm when the kingy's and snapper in the BOP start on them they get hard to catch on anything else. Around December they seem to school up and are bright orange red with creme colloured underside have caught Kings here that virtualy spit them out live when landed.