New Berkeley Fireline Exceed

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 2:23am
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I wouldn't touch exceed, even with with someone else's rod...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 1:39pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Care to explain? The only thing I don't like about the line is that it's slippery and hard to tie. That being said I have been able to get my knots to grip.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:53pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I personally have had only good experiences with the 2 spools I've put on. Wasn't really questioning your knots previously OWT just that the day before that i'd been pinged of in the rocks and would've had no show of knowing where i'd been busted. It was obviously close to the leader by the amount of braid I got back but hard to pin point really
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 10:15pm
Platinum
Platinum

True, one doesn't really know where or why a line breaks unless it's obvious. I think it's possible that at least one was a rub off under the boat, but I don't know for sure.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 12:40am
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i coudlnt get a fg knot not to slip with fluorocarbon with this stuff too, use back to back uni works alot better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:06am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by eynon eynon wrote:

I couldnt get a fg knot not to slip with fluorocarbon with this stuff too, use back to back uni works a lot better.

I have had success with the GT knot. Wraps like a FG knot, but have a figure 8 in the leader tag for the braid to grip to. I found Biminis would slip, but if careful one can get them to grip.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote petethemeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:23pm
petethemeat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by eynon eynon wrote:

i coudlnt get a fg knot not to slip with fluorocarbon with this stuff too, use back to back uni works alot better.

Haven't had issues with Fg knot slipping with 20lb fluorocarbon and exceed. Having said that I don't like the REALLY light stuff.
Page  <12