Poseidon dual drag reels has arrived

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hellfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:07pm
Hellfire View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Do you have anymore 200's in stock and how much pls
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:13am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Hellfire Hellfire wrote:

Do you have anymore 200's in stock and how much pls

Hi,  yes have 200 size in stock, $359 delivered
PM me if you want any further advice
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:35am
KQuinn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello, What is the retrieve rate on the 300? I'm looking to buy a slow pitch jigging reel but I need to make sure it has a high enough retrieve rate and I cannot find the specs anywhere online.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:16am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

300 are 5.1;1 but your best bet is the new 50SL if you want one for slow jigging. 7.1:1 and the best of the Poseidon reels IMO
I  sold my last one last night in matt black, if you are interested they retail for $385 but i am doing a free braid special atm but only if i can source another one from the distributor
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:29am
KQuinn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for the quick reply. I was also looking at the 50SL and couldn't decide between the two. What is the line capacity of the 50SL? The 7.1:1 is a great speed but I wonder if you lose the torque when you have a big fish on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:38am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

heaps of torque still, got a wicked handle that comes standard. it holds 300m of 30lb braid
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeriBOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 1:24pm
KeriBOI View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any more guys tried the 50L? Looks like a good kabura reel for the deeper stuff
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I have sold lots of these reels, only ever had good feedback. Maybe JW will see this, he bought 6 of me for his new charter business and loves them.Wink

Edit, there is some new models coming out soon, a slightly slower ratio model at 6;1 and also a star drag model.
PS, I only have 1 x 50SL in stock , matt black with adjustable handle
$389 includes 300m of PE2 braid(8 strand jigging braid)

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:08pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I own 5 Poseidon reels now. 200r, 300r,500r & 2 yes 2!! 50SL...
1 run 20lb Tasline Elite other 30lb Tasline. Drag is bloody smooth.
great reels, softbaited with the 20 using 1/4 oz jigheads lol..., slow pitched it. Dropped 100-150grm boss lures on the 30. straylined... why I bought a 2nd reel... Can run heavier line cause the drag power is unreal. Guys at Smart Marine were amazed at how much power they have... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:19pm
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the great feedback John!
I'd like to post some pics here about the latest models here: 
50SJ - same dual drag as the 50Sl, but slightly slower ratio 6:1. 

Ocean 50
Star drag, about 7kg drag, full aluminium construction.

www.basszone.co.nz

home of reels
Page  <123