Furuno Comp!! $10,000 in Furuno Vouchers to be won

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FurunoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furuno Comp!! $10,000 in Furuno Vouchers to be won
    Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:12pm
FurunoNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi All, 

In conjunction with Grunta and the good team at Fishing.Net.NZ we're going to be giving away a $1,000 Furuno voucher every month for the next ten months (through until April 2016). The first winner will be announced on 31 July 2015.

Entering is easy. 
-Post your Furuno pics, stories or vids on this Furuno Competition thread. 
-Tell us what Furuno gear you are using.
-Screen shots from your Furuno are cool, show us some mean bait balls you've caught marlin from, bluenose off the side of a drop off, anything you think might be of interest, and of course, what you've caught using Furuno!

Alternatively you can:
-Comment on one of our Facebook posts with a screen shot or something you've caught using Furuno
-Tag your Furuno fishing pics #teamfurunonz on Instagram

The winner each month will be the person with the highest number of likes when we repost their picture, story or video on the Furuno New Zealand Facebook page.

Conditions:
-Pics must be taken in New Zealand
-These vouchers can be redeemed at any Furuno dealer throughout New Zealand, for Furuno, OceanLED or Uniden product.
-By uploading your pic below, you give us the thumbs up to repost on our Facebook
-Furuno New Zealand reserve the right to choose the winner each month

GOOD LUCK TEAM! We look forward to seeing some cool stuff in this thread.

www.furuno.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 11:20am
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Here's a few to kick it off, from multiple vessels and various Furuno kit - always stoked to see Furuno on boats I am fishing

Helm of Zamballah, Bay of Islands trip Mar 2015, 2x Navnet, Sonar + WASSP, mean as!

Stripey released 400m off Cavallis on this trip, marked on Furuno Navnet

Mayor Island sword Feb 2015 , from bait marked on Furuno GP7000

Mean kingi sign above bait, spring 2013 on Furuno tztouch

The result

Puka being wound off the bottom (can see vertical puka marks below ) spring 2013

The result

April 2015 from bait marked on my current 10year old Furuno (doesn't have model no on it), Mercs, Aldies middle ground

Bluenose marked on Navnet wide of Mayor, real deep...

Soild kingi marks pushing bait to surface, TZ touch

Kingis cruising high in water column above bait Ohinau, 2013...crazy day with Grunta

the result

Three at a time terakihi for the young fella, finding the terrors on the weedline in 25m, tz touch

day out driving a mean as dickey boat, april 2014, nice to use familiar gear = TZ Touch

kingis cruising high in water column above the bait, and see jig being deployed from surface

day out driving Nicky Sindens stabi, using her tz touch and getting a sneaky line in

Like the shirt says

keen to see some other cool furuno shots,

chur
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:22am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here is a screen shot of what we presume was a marlin at 40m, we were in about 150m of water Norwest of Mayor Island, about 10 minutes before I took this photo I went over a group of about 10 marks like this ranging in depth from 20-40m. Worked the area for a few hours with a live skippy and never got a touch. Sounder is a Furuno 585 with TM260 transducer

Some nice Bluenose we got out on the Mayor Knolls using the Furuno 585 Sounder, could have filled the boat up that day but 7 was all we needed, fishing 370m of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FurunoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 2:59pm
FurunoNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice one Marligator, nice Bluenose there, bet there was a lot of winding involved there, were you marking them on the 585?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 3:46pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Furuno FCV 295 running 3kw (38khz) & 2kw (200khz) transducers.
Depth is in fathoms not meters, screen is split 38/200khz.

Kingfish to the left an below school of Kahawai, these pics up on Furuno NZ facebook page as well.

Bluenose & Hapuku in 200fa (400M).

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 8:48pm
JB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi, for those southern foke wondering what blue cod look like. This is a shot of cod hiding in weed. If you use the bottom lock it brings them out. In the right hand side it looks like a lot of weed on a rocky bottom. The bottom lock and manual gain shows a different picture, cod hard on the bottom amongst the weed(note the red arch hard on bottom ). Ended up with 30 cod in 20 minutes hunting like this. 620 with a p66
Regards
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 6:39am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes we were marking them on the sounder no problems. I have no problems marking fish down to 500m. I use the Shift function set on 80m so am reading the bottom 100m i.e. if in 350m have it reading 270-370m, Typically we get the bluenose within 20m of the bottom but sometimes they can be nearly 100m up off the bottom. It is a long wind up but we all love doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FurunoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 12:15pm
FurunoNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great to see some southern action JB
www.furuno.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 12:36pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is an oldie on my previous FCV620. Welly harbour predator chasing whitebait.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FurunoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:59pm
FurunoNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice one Tzer, Marligator and Fissure, great shots and insights into your fishery!
www.furuno.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 8:52pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dropping into the hornet's nest, kingies stacked and packed:
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FurunoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:34pm
FurunoNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wicked Fissure, is that in Welly?
www.furuno.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pottsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 8:22pm
Pottsy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Classic Kingy sign below on my Furuno 585 running a 1KW transducer. This was at the Aldie Pins last week. 

The 585 is getting on a bit now but it still does an awesome job!

And this is what we pulled from what the sounder was showing us.

And one that got taxed!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 5:47am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by FurunoNZ FurunoNZ wrote:

Wicked Fissure, is that in Welly?

apologies, yes it is. i've got heaps of other stuff including vids using my 627.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote T_CARP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:13pm
T_CARP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey guys!

heres couple pics from first day back in the country after getting back from catching a whole bunch of blue marlin in Costa Rica..

Snuck out for a peek in a sloppy southerly.. hunted for a puka with no luck before heading out to a neat little mark I've wanted to fish for a while. Got lucky and found bass and bluenose! pretty cool being able to put Zack onto his first of each! He was so impressed with the Unit he went and bought one for his boat the following week! 

FCV 587 and TM 260 working a treat at 400+ in 15 southerly in my 5m stabi.

Last/2nd to last day of the monthly furuno comp - A bloody bluenose has just got me beat at the moment! follow the link and give me a like if at all possible! If i win and you helped me ill give you some bass next time i catch one! Wink

heres a couple pics!

Cheers! Tony.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:59am
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Marking bluenose on 100 year old FCV600L with 600 watt transducer

The result

More on this trip here