FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fukishima and us...beyond scary.

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 7:35pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

****.........some facscinating info coming out here...esp kevins blurbWink
Ref V8......Having said that, it was also at the height of "Mad Cow" disease. I am still unable to donate blood because of it.
Same here mate.........They wont take my blood in nz or aussie either.....I told them i am only "Mad" but thats not good enough.......**** me....I left the uk in 1989......and they still think there is a remote possibility one milli milli bit and they havent come up with a test for it yet  either...
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:12pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 1:11am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What is wrong with you? Fake news. Look it up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote home bouy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:50am
home bouy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

certainly think that the leak is something that is under reported on and will have consequences. just remember that there are very respected people in the scientific community warning about the damage that is going to occur. not just some hippy with a degree.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:16pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

What is wrong with you? Fake news. Look it up.

That would take some analytical thinking, rather than cutting and blindly pasting.
 The "click bait" adverts are a dead give away as to the validity of the article :)
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:24pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

OK, just waste 10 minutes of your life on that web site and then close this thread, eh?

**** it!  Why did I waste 4 minutes of my life posting about  this total bollocks???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:26pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Home bouy, its a rabbit hole that ain't that deep when you consider the cores are burning through the earth and they can't even get robots in there to contain it,never mind its in the water table on the coast,not good.
Titahi,its good to use critical thinking skills,but denying ignorance and using deductive reasoning is a no brained when it comes to waaaay under reported stuff like Fukushima,honestly.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:49pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It's human nature to play down mistakes.
Your kid will stand in front of the broken plate and say he or she did not do it.
We have all done this.
Why do you believe that big business or corporations are honest in a case of this potential magnatude?
But this even taken at it's most toned down level is way behond trivial.
Time will tell I guess.
I would guess the Japanese govt is scared to death along with the power company which gives lots of scope for downplay.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:32pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Garry 23041 Garry 23041 wrote:

It's human nature to play down mistakes.
Your kid will stand in front of the broken plate and say he or she did not do it.
We have all done this.
Why do you believe that big business or corporations are honest in a case of this potential magnatude?
But this even taken at it's most toned down level is way behond trivial.
Time will tell I guess.
I would guess the Japanese govt is scared to death along with the power company which gives lots of scope for downplay.

The Russians said nothing when Chernobyl first went up. It was only after intense pressure and offers of help from outside that they finally admitted there had been an incident. Governments and companies play this game to minimize their liabilities. How many lives had been destroyed and how much damage had been done before the Russians finally admitted they needed help. I have no doubt we do not know the full implications of the Japanese event. Only time will tell as you will never ever get the whole unadulterated truth from any Government.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:18pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Home bouy, its a rabbit hole that ain't that deep when you consider the cores are burning through the earth and they can't even get robots in there to contain it,never mind its in the water table on the coast,not good.
Titahi,its good to use critical thinking skills,but denying ignorance and using deductive reasoning is a no brained when it comes to waaaay under reported stuff like Fukushima,honestly.

This is the second time you've said the cores are burning through the earth. Please cite a respected source or stop sprouting misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:27am
Platinum
Platinum

Do I need to hold your hand,do a little research man,don't you know what a meltdown is,add to that the word in contained.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:04am
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Personally, I think Garry & Nikki Harger (sp?) are related Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:27pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Took Fish-Feeders suggestion and did a Google.
Almost the first article.
Interesting reading.
Scare mongering, factual? Who knows.
Have a read and make up your own mind.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/helen-caldicott-the-fukushima-nuclear-meltdown-continues-unabated/5574756
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm
Silver
Silver

Your one is scare mongering v8. Global research isn't a very credible site and the Dr they quote is an Australian medical doctor who is an anti nuclear campaigner.

Best read this instead

What are the facts

The source is national geographic

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:00pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The bottom line is that they don't actually know themselves exactly what the situation is.  Lots of the so called scientific articles are just guesswork and scare mongering, but it is bad and could get worse as they are no closer to finding a solution now than they were the day after it happened.  Radiation levels so high that not even a robot or camera will function in there, what can they do apart from sit and wait and see what happens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:37pm
Silver
Silver

Of course a nuclear accident is bad by definition. It doesn't help though to post photos of a mutated fish taken in 2004 and pretend it is caused by an accident that occurred in 2011.

It also doesn't help to worry about some caesium isotopes discovered in the Pacific Ocean near the us when if you swam in the water for 6 hours a day for a year you'd be exposed to 1,000 times less radiation than a dental X-ray

People with agendas prey on the non enquiring minds of the ignorant and easily led.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:27pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Doesnt take long to research a person to find out if they have an agenda either. http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/helen-caldicott . Very very anti Nuc everything. 

Obviously there will be consequences for Fuku. you cannot have that level of disaster without there being a trade off. Tin foil hats however will not protect you nor will spreading the panic that comes from those that wear them.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:03pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah,enough radiation to kill you in 1minute,shocking. Tepco knows they or nobody else has the tech to deal with this yet,that's pretty telling right there don't you think?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:02pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm off to Christmas Is in June ... the one that the Uk & US used for their hydrogen bomb tests without evacuating the residents apparently.

Some one told me there is no market for torches up there as everyone glows in the dark !
As I go older I have learnt that pleasing everyone is impossible but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:05pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by hookerpuka hookerpuka wrote:

Doesnt take long to research a person to find out if they have an agenda either. http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/helen-caldicott . Very very anti Nuc everything. 

Obviously there will be consequences for Fuku. you cannot have that level of disaster without there being a trade off. Tin foil hats however will not protect you nor will spreading the panic that comes from those that wear them.  

Yep. Guilty as charged, I just Googled and took the first article that caught my eye. Could not be bothered researching the author. Waste of time as there is nothing we can do about it anyway. The event has happened. Time will tell. I do not have an egenda either way. Hence my comment about people deciding for themselves. Having said all that, being anti nuke is not always a bad thing. They all say these reactors are safe until something happens. Not to mention the waste for which there is no real method of disposal except time and eons of it. Usually encased in concrete and dumped somewhere deep or buried in a poor third world country. Still, I guess until something happens, people get cheap power and companies make a fortune and people are employed so it can no be all bad. :-)
Page  <123>