Wahoo Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Topshotfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wahoo Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 1:39am
Topshotfishing View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

The weather today had variable winds with seas running 2-3 ft. temperatures in the mid 80’s with blue skies.

Andrew Coleman from Greensboro, NC along with his sons, Adam and Connor, were vacationing here in Fort Lauderdale, and they decided to charter the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in the afternoon with plans to try their luck in diving for lobsters the following day.  Andrew is an avid fisherman and boatsman with the art of awlgripping.  He requested to do some wreck fishing, and I advised him it would depend on the current.

As we approached the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL, the current was going 3.4 knots, which would make it difficult to do wreck fishing, so we started off trolling.  We put down two plainers, both with double hook Bonito strips with a sea witch in front and four surface baits, two Bonito strips and two Ballyhoos.  While trolling we caught Bonitos, Kingfish, Barracudas and a Tuna.  All of a sudden one of the plainer rods screamed out line as the rod tip bounced erratically up and down – Adam was the angler and jumped into the fighting chair.  I knew what type of fish we had from the tell-tale signs – fifteen minutes later, as Jackson grabbed the leader, I could see the vertical blue, purple and silver stripes belonging to a Wahoo, which is the fastest fish in the ocean clocked at 64 mph and with extremely dangerous razor sharp teeth.  Jackson gaffed the Wahoo while everybody cleared the cockpit since it was trashing around – it weighed 38 lbs.

At this time I observed that the current had slowed down and it was doable to go wreck fishing, so I went out to a wreck that sits in 310 ft. of water and we put out two bottom lines.  The Snappers were biting that day, and we caught nice size Vermilion Snappers.

With a box full of excellent eating fish, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale Fl. 33316. 

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [email protected]   Website:  www.topshotfishing.com.