Raglan report

Page  <1 5354555657 72>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rabbitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:31pm
Rabbitt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I was out yesterday in 52m I got my limit of snapper all nice pan sized fish around 40cm and no sharks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:44pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Rabbit, any Gurnard around ? out of curiosity what sounder are you running.

A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rabbitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:56am
Rabbitt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I got 5 gurnard out there as well and plenty of kahawai too. I was out the previous Monday in 22m straight out from the bar and caught 16 snapper and 6 gurnard so still some fish around. My sounder is a 1670 the smaller version of the 1870.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 2:40pm
Platinum
Platinum

Went out to the 50m last Friday good conditions, 14 Snaps and 9 Good sized Gurnard fishing was not red hot more slow and steady also got 1 x good sized Tarakihi and a small kingi  which was released. A few small sharks and the odd couta were also in around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:27pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Muzzfishing...I'm 50/50 where to go next week if conditions are good. I hear Thames is pumping - mate binned up to 6KGs last weekend.

But Rags must be ready to put on a show soon also....hmmmm
mite go whitebaiting and trout fishing and think about the options more...damn its good to be a kiwi..

PS what flavour were the sharks? School sharks/smooth hounds are the target take species for my family.  
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:19pm
Platinum
Platinum

Sharks a couple of those smooth skins and a brown one I call a carpet shark surprised to get a good sized Tarakihi. Also got a small kingi around 65cm. Weather not looking to flash for my days off probably wont be able to go fishing. A mate went up to Waikawau farms last friday 2 on boat got there limit fishing between A and B block where there had been work ups soft baiting, nothing big just pannies. I was up there previous week and was hard fishing. Got a feed both days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote crez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 10:21pm
crez View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I was out 2 weeks ago at 55m
A dozen nice snaps 45 - 55cm & a few fat gurnard. A few sharks & a couda in the last hour before heading in. Snaps very tentative on the bite & at times was hard to tell when you had hooked up. Was still good to get out on the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote fishyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:15pm
fishyrich View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Plenty of good snaps for us in close the last 2 trips out from Raglan in 15m and 19metres. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shnorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:36pm
Shnorter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 5:56am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very Nice Fishyrich!!! Same depth i get E'm down the coast in Mokau. Great to see others succeeding there as well. Great photo's, liked......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:50am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great going Richy and family!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BakWash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 9:02pm
BakWash View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gotta love that pic!
Regards .. Bak
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 1:56pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is a beaut pic!! And very west coast!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:23pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Any recent updates? Hoping for a shot out west next week.., guessing a feed should be achievable - but will have a couple guys on board that is love to open their eyes a bit!
Late 40's slightly North?
Might start is 15m with berleyed along carters first though...
Cheers!
Proud supporter of Ronald McDonald House & the team at Legasea

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:24pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I haven't managed to find a Kawhia page - so am posting here, since it is in the same vicinity; 
I've heard all sorts of depths seem to be catching out from Kawhia, from 20 to 60M. I am looking at heading over there tomorrow for the 1st time out of Kawhia.
I won't be heading too far out unless I need to.
Hopefully, I will have a report afterwards.
Cliff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:08pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good luck Cliff!

I'm hoping to hit Raglan on Tuesday. Tossing up whether to stay close along Carters (15m ish) or hit the seasonal depths which would probably be around the 50m mark... Haven't heard of anything but pannies coming from the deeper areas though - which would be unusual...

Anyone out there with a bit more intel that cares to share??

Chur

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 3:48pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Speedy, yesterday's report......http://www.nzfishingworld.co.nz/reports-weather/kawhiaraglan/  
If, you have problems getting onto the site, eg..."sorry there was an problem processing your request", then try removing the "%20/" on the link page. Alternatively, you may have to sign up to the site.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:46pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Cliff M-F Cliff M-F wrote:

Speedy, yesterday's report......http://www.nzfishingworld.co.nz/reports-weather/kawhiaraglan/  
If, you have problems getting onto the site, eg..."sorry there was an problem processing your request", then try removing the "%20/" on the link page. Alternatively, you may have to sign up to the site.

Great site that! Thanks for steering me in that direction....
Cheers again

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Punter-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:33am
Punter-Pete View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out of Manu Bay yesterday morning.  On water approx 6.45am and out to the 54m mark - more or less straight out.  Passed a few boats already sitting at 50m but carried on and dropped pick at 54m. Didn't bother looking for sign - first 5 minutes nothing.    Next 90 minutes - absolutely insane fishing.     Baits getting nailed within 5 secs of hitting bottom - over and over with every drop.   Fish coming on board like nothing I've experienced before.   Quite often doubles.    2 mates were never baited once - every drop producing nice west coast snapper.    

Biggest for day was just under 14lb but I'm sure there were some bigger models down there but when you get served up nice 2 - 3kg fish, one has to take them.   Back at ramp by 9.45am. 

Used a total of $40 fuel, 1kg pillies, 1kg squid and 1 x Bullet tuna.       No Kahawhai or sharks but don't think the snapper gave them a chance to even see the bait.     Managed a 90cm kingie, 2 gurnard and a first for me out of Rgalan - 1 nice sized Terakihi.  Conditions pretty nice with just a small chop of 60- 80cm so not too bad.   

Managed to take daughter #2 out for her first Raglan experience so nice to be able to share this magical piece of NZ with her.  She did bloody well with her largest going just over 12lb and matching the boys fish for fish.    She's got sore arms today tho.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:33pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Punter-Pete!

Had a very similar day to yours
Great snaps up to about 12lb, 1x nice terakihi, 1x rat king, 3 hearty carrots.. No kyUnhappy

Did you not get 50 spiny dogs and 10 barry couda??

Bugger, I knew we should have stopped at 54m instead of 55m!!

Great day out west for most by the soundsCool
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Page  <1 5354555657 72>