Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 145146147148149 288>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 2:00pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for posting - big beastie - can I hear Jaws movie music in the background?
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:39pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got bored sitting at home so I went out this afternoon for a slide bait mission in this wind. It was not the ideal conditions With the Wind keeping a massive bow in my line so I missed the strike and the king swallowed the Circle hook
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:58pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Those bronzie pics are impressive and so is the king! How big Roofless? 18 kilos?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:58pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish once again, your smoker must be busy!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 9:03pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Those bronzie pics are impressive and so is the king! How big Roofless? 18 kilos?

17 kilos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 9:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Roofless Roofless wrote:

17 kilos

Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 9:24pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Roofless Roofless wrote:

17 kilos

Big smile
oh wait what one you talking about? The one i just posted is only 11kilo
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:06pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

One less shark to worry about Roofless. 

I fully agree with Riley Elliot when it come to the use of mono gill nets. Just death nets.

When will leaving set nets in the harbor be banned everywhere?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:14pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Millsy Millsy wrote:

One less shark to worry about Roofless. 

I fully agree with Riley Elliot when it come to the use of mono gill nets. Just death nets.

When will leaving set nets in the harbor be banned everywhere?

makes me sad to see that and if people are to use nets they should stay with it at all times
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:46am
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What a waste.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 1:14pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Agree with you Roofless, obviously not the target species... but these things happen...i have had more issue with rays in my net but if you get to them quickly less damage is done to both the net and the fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote AlexRecurve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:32am
AlexRecurve View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Decided to make the most of the forecast weather window on Friday evening.  Headed outside to prep the boat and upon removing the cover found some lowlife pond-scum had stolen all the electronics.  Chart-plotter, VHF Radio and stereo system all removed.  Must have taken some time as they were all inbuilt into the console.  The rear bulkhead had been accessed, glue and bolts removed and each unit carefully removed.   Thieving losers.  Luckily it's insured so hopefully the insurance company play ball and I get it replaced.

Anyhow the story has a happy ending;  I decided to take my anger out on the ocean and give it a thrashing with some lures, so headed down to throw a few around off the bricks.  I'd a bought a new Savage Gear 3D trout lure.  Not sure if you have seen them but the action is incredible.  I've never seen a lure that moves so realistically.  . .  and it seems the kingfish agreed.  Nailed this 13kg beauty a couple of hours after high-water.  Great end to the day!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:49am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry for your lost, worst part is if the gear not for themselves will be sold to another low life fisherman. A friend had there boat stolen recently valued $15k due to not being able to produce a recent service reciept insurance co paid out 1/2 value.No mention of service requirements in policy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:27am
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice fish Alex & a nice smiling photo !!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:35am
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If you like this type of local content on Harbor reports, Fishing Talk & Tackle  please comment !!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 5:58am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice work Club Matt! thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:05pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work Club Matt! thanks.
 Your Fishing & Tackle talk was Brilliant Mate !!  Thumbs UpClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:11pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Here is the All New Counties Sports Fishing Club 2017 Classic Event .. Sponsors Promotion Video !!
Very Big thanks to The Solomon Cole Band for giving us permission to sound track of their new song !!
Also a Big thanks to Club Members that let us use some of thier footage to put this together ... Cheers
& see you all their !!  Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trouss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:42pm
Trouss View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good vid, should include an epilepsy warning tho! ... Kidding.

Anyone keen to share any tips on how best to present a live kahawai to attempt to hook up a kingfish, particularly when there is a very large volume of water running?

Best approach in high current?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:25pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The only thing I've learned about live baiting kahawai in the Manukau is that all you get if they are under balloons is sharks.  Also be interested to hear the best way to fish them in current.
Page  <1 145146147148149 288>