Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 162163164165166 288>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:46pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is there a ban or recommendation about toxic stuff in the scollies in the harbour or Clarkes beach area at the moment.
Keen to give it another go for them out west this summer.
Woody
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:52pm
paihia panther View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

kite fished at river mouth tonight got some nice snapper between 4 to 16poun and plenty small sharks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:52pm
Bronze
Bronze

port waikato
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 10:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Woody Woody wrote:

Is there a ban or recommendation about toxic stuff in the scollies in the harbour or Clarkes beach area at the moment.
Keen to give it another go for them out west this summer.
Woody

The ban was lifted a few weeks back. They are really snotty too ad well past their best
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 10:35pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by paihia panther paihia panther wrote:

kite fished at river mouth tonight got some nice snapper between 4 to 16poun and plenty small sharks

There have been a few good catches like that off Karioitahi too. A month or more ago the kites and torpedos were finding it hard. 16lb is a nice fish Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:11pm
Bronze
Bronze

this year has been alot harder than last fish patchy not as many big ones mullet are thick in surf at moment and full of roe remember no staking of nets on beach guys using warratahs and leaving them their
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:02pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one, is that inside the bar or kite off the beach out the coast?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:27pm
Bronze
Bronze

off main beach fished tonight did 3,2k set only one 9pnd snap two sharks rough and hard going
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:20am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

off main beach fished tonight did 3,2k set only one 9pnd snap two sharks rough and hard going

Heya man,met you yesterday with big Allan,man you guys have a good set up with the skiils to go with it. I thought you would have cleaned up. At least you caught something.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
Bronze
Bronze

yeah good luck monday with big al the race is on to crack 30pnd
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:28pm
Titanium
Titanium

Too right,I'm thinking its gonna be a long hard slog that one. Monday looks good but chances are its gonna be a wet one.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:19pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

On Friday night I was out with the boy trying my luck with the mullet.  Night of dramas.

Saw two jetski's blasting around at high speed by wattle bay... later the police helicopter turned up, I had assumed they were investigating a kayak that I had seen paddling towards the poo ponds... nope... when we headed back to the Mangere Bridge boat ramp I discovered the two jetskis high and dry on the sand bank opposite Waikowhai.

Word of warning, anything lower than half tide, don't try and go across the shallows!! hope they didn't bottom out at speed or it would have launched them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexRecurve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 5:06pm
AlexRecurve View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes we heard the conversation with the coastguard vessel, who was sent out to retrieve the jetskies . . .  but hadn't been informed they were 50m away from the waterline. They were sat there high and dry when we returned at sunset.

As for the fishing:  we spent 3 hours struggling to catch livies in the harbour.  A late change of plan saw us cross the bar, find a few jack macks and then shoot back in to catch the last couple of hours of the falling tide.  It looked like being a blank session until I hooked one late king, on the the last trickle of the outgoing tide.  Went a modest 9kg but put a great scrap and flipped things from zero to hero.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm
Titanium
Titanium

I had a 6am fish with a mate at KT this morning, hooks in the water at 6.20,1.8km out and three snaps at 420cm and a 8lb fattie,second set was 4 sharks. Havnt seen any kahawai for a long time out there,as have a lot of other people I speak to,have been wondering why? There's a plane that cruises the coast a few times a day,I'm thinking its a spotter for trawlers, would explain a lot on the ky side of things.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:58pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

there were heaps of KY out at the 30m mark chasing small baitfish... and at 42m all we were catching on the bottom, big 2.5-3kg models.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:54pm
Bronze
Bronze

yes agree have only caught one kahawai at kariotahi all year off beach plenty mullet for bait and smoker though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:39pm
Titanium
Titanium

Nearly 10yrs fishing this coast,I've never seen the fish stay out deep for so long. People are smashing them out in deeper water,but in close its only just starting to pick up,very sporadic catches since late October,early November. Very little of anything in close. I aimed for the far side if the south channel a few times and caught carrots,out deeper caught bugger all,mostly sub 40cm snaps and the odd medium sized one,and lots of sharks,not one single ky since early October.
Hope it picks up soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:04pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We will be camping at awhitu for anniversary weekend and hope to catch a few fish, how is the weed situation in the harbour?
cheers
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:19pm
Bronze
Bronze

never give up we have been putting a few livies out lately on kite as kingies around and odd marlin good time to try a few new setups
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tonto2 Tonto2 wrote:

We will be camping at awhitu for anniversary weekend and hope to catch a few fish, how is the weed situation in the harbour?
cheers

It's terrible but that can change pretty quickly. There are places you will be able to avoid it htough
Page  <1 162163164165166 288>