Backbone Elite versus Jigwerx?

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backbone Elite versus Jigwerx?
    Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:39pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The BBE seems a great pricepoint?
I wonder if the price difference tells the story and the jigwerx is much better than the backbone?
Or is the Jigwerx just the newer model?
I know the backbone is nice in softbait rods but nothing behond that.
Any input.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Starnsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:43pm
Starnsy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

For that price range I would go JigStar or JM Ocean Devil...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote captain.Gav. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 5:03am
captain.Gav. View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

JM Ocean devil..... best bang for buck....imoThumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 7:36am
Platinum
Platinum

Ta guys, but there you go when I almost had it covered lol.
I have a little Avet 5.3 to make a lighter setup as my current rod and reel is all pe 6-8..
Killwell Talon and accurate 600n.

Looking around 200-250grms in 15-20kg.
My wife is sick of watching me jig for hours so it will work for her and allow me to see if my hook up rate goes up with lighter gear.

I will check out your suggestions.

I just saw the bbe at $190 and thought wow that's good value.

I almost purchased "Cooks" rod and reel but wanted just one size more pe when it got down to some study.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 7:39am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

jig star 120, perfect for the avet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twocan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:01am
Twocan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jigstar 120 with the avet, 200 grm jig and will barely know you are jigging.  

I own avets accurates and jigstars and cant recommend them highly enough.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:17am
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sorry for the thread hijack but what is the price on a jigstar guys?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:19am
Platinum
Platinum

Interesting. What about the Avet 5.3sxj then? I am worried it doesn't have enough line capacity for a bit of depth and a bigger fish?

Offered one upgraded for a great price but was looking at the regular spool size which is much bigger in terms of capacity.
The J does about 250 of 50lb and the regular does about 400 or more according to specs on their site.

Sounds like I may have to wait for the jm rod to show up on special......

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twocan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:25am
Twocan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by jakepitsville jakepitsville wrote:

Sorry for the thread hijack but what is the price on a jigstar guys?

$300 new
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:30am
Platinum
Platinum

where for $300?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boxee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 12:15pm
Boxee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bit of research:

Smart Marine are clearing the old style at $299
http://www.smartmarine.co.nz/products/rods/jigging-top-water-rods/

Discount Fishing Supplies have the MarkIV overheads at $330-340
http://www.discountfishingsupplies.co.nz/shop/jigging-rods-c-30_257.html?page=1&sort=3a

Neither seem to have the Jigstar 120gm however
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 1:17pm
KingySlayer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Another Option and by far the BEST Bang for buck IMO and from one of the best rod builders around is the....

FIN NOR Troppo. From memory $150 RRP

To be honest though mate, anything is really better than a Back Bone

However ask Boulder on here in regards to JMs and JSs the direction your keen to take.
Also it sounds like your pretty dedicated or want to be in the Jigging Department. This subject is bought up alot. Why not save a little longer and purchase the CREAM DELA CROP setup? As in the long run you will end up saving more. Just a thought any way mate
www.assassinsportsfishing.com
www.facebook.com/assassinjigteam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twocan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 1:42pm
Twocan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Boxee Boxee wrote:

Bit of research:

Smart Marine are clearing the old style at $299
http://www.smartmarine.co.nz/products/rods/jigging-top-water-rods/

Discount Fishing Supplies have the MarkIV overheads at $330-340
http://www.discountfishingsupplies.co.nz/shop/jigging-rods-c-30_257.html?page=1&sort=3a

Neither seem to have the Jigstar 120gm however

I got my JS350 from Discount FIshing Supplies (very very good to deal with, any issues just give them a bell) for $399 although Smarts has the older ones for $300 and I got my JS120 from Smarts for $300 where is wasnt advertised but in both their stores so give em a bell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 2:35pm
Platinum
Platinum

Hey thanks for all the input guys!

I could save more and spend more if I didn't already have a pretty healthy sport/toys spend...

I like to dive and there's always stuff I can buy there...I like to softbait as well and try to get out once a week to fish and dive.
I run a good sized boat and burned a couple hundred litres diesel running to north cape recently and liked it and want to go again soon.
As my long suffering wife points out, "you already have a jigging rod".
I gotta try and pull my head in on this one and get something mid range.

Oh did I say I like to play golf as well..................

The backbone is out, I got that loud and clear, ta.

Looking at the rods you guys are suggesting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote home bouy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 3:32pm
home bouy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Love the comment by the wife. I get the Sae all the time! Why do you need that you allready have one like that she says. Just compare it to her shoes and clothing is my best way to win!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 7:07pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I second the ocean devil 200-350g. Jigstars also have a great rep
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 9:17pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ocean Devil 200-350g gets my vote too, plus the Mk1 Jigstar I own has served me well. (in 350grm). 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 9:37pm
KingySlayer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Makes me think no one has tried anything out side of JM and JS. Interesting.
www.assassinsportsfishing.com
www.facebook.com/assassinjigteam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 9:42pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Try a Synit, locally made and up with the best
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 9:42pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think a fin nor marquesa 279 or 165 gram would be perfect. Light weight. $199 on marine deals. Parabolic and very easy to jig with
TAS - Its a real disease
Page  12>