Killing fish in Cairns...suggestions?

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mikeyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killing fish in Cairns...suggestions?
    Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 8:25pm
Mikeyb View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Guys, girls and otherwise,

I am moving to Cairns in the next 4 weeks to further my career as a dive instructor, but want to also follow my hobby of killing stuff with a sharp stick propelled by a stretched piece of rubber.

Has anyone been on charters from there before so i know who i need to go and see to grease up and get out on the water as much as possible.

Any help would be top notch!

~~~Living the dream...Diving for a living and fishing for fun~~~~
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 8:53pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 9:24pm
The Jackal View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Travis Hogan is the man you need to talk to for a charter. Or Fishfood lives up those ways who might point you in the right direction.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:24pm
fish food View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Mile I live an hour north of cairns and spearfish the reef regularly, ive got a cc boat and most times have a spare spotOn it. If your happy to drive north from cairns you can come out with me. I go from either port Douglas or daintree river. Going to the reef tomorrow morning actually. The fish life and species you get to shoot here is awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mikeyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:40pm
Mikeyb View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That would be bloody beauty mate!
I shall be in touch when i have feet on the Cairns ground ;)

~~~Living the dream...Diving for a living and fishing for fun~~~~
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 11:57pm
laminar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

Travis Hogan is the man you need to talk to for a charter. Or Fishfood lives up those ways who might point you in the right direction.

Head out to the Coral Sea with Travis if you get the chance, he puts on a good trip.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:06am
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

don't forget the sharks  :) more there than here in kiwi land :) 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
fish food View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good.day.at.the.reef.this.is.a.blackspot.tuskfish.today,
.taste.like.crayfish.very.warm.water,bring.a.stinger.suit,Mike.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote B1g_Pun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:43pm
B1g_Pun View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I love how you have full stops everywhere in that sentence except at the end of it. Buy a new keyboard ffs.
"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" William Shakespeare
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laingfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:53pm
laingfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cant you change the keys in your settings or something so that you " space bar " can just be another letter on the key board?? so atleast you have one
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 2:19pm
fish food View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go for a dive big pun sound like you need it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SharkBite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 2:24pm
SharkBite View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by fish food fish food wrote:

You are probably right FF but I think he said somewhere he is stuck in middle of a &%$#*! dessert.
"There goes another moocher"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Azazel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:40pm
Azazel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SharkBite SharkBite wrote:

You are probably right FF but I think he said somewhere he is stuck in middle of a &%$#*! dessert.

Also, he's right. Get a new $%&*@ keyboard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:18pm
fish food View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SharkBite SharkBite wrote:

[QUOTE=fish food]Go for a dive big pun sound like you need it.

You are probably right FF but I think he said somewhere he is stuck in middle of a &%$#*! dessert.[/
Eat your way out big bum.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote B1g_Pun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:39pm
B1g_Pun View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes it is true I am stuck in a desert, and Azazel is correct in his desert identification.
FF you are correct in your assessment that I need a dive however your suggestion that I eat my way out of the desert is far from helpful. I thoroughly look forward to getting back to NZ and getting in the water (even though it will be mid winter); I also thoroughly look forward to you getting a new keyboard. If you decide not to then that is up to you but it would make your posts all the more enjoyable to read. I do appreciate the effort you go to, going out and shooting nice fish, photographing them and posting them for all to enjoy. I merely wanted to point out how that experience can be enhanced with the simple purchase of a keyboard. 
If for some reason a keyboard is beyond your reasonable means to acquire please pm me your details and technical requirements and I will see if I can mail you one from the Sinai.

Regards,
Adam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:05pm
fish food View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Oh desert, shark bite said you were stuck in a dessert!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote B1g_Pun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 3:06am
B1g_Pun View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Philip van Zijl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 8:11am
Philip van Zijl View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As I said, reading his posts is like listening to somebody with emphysema . He probably, like me has an iPad without a key board that has its own mind. Keep them coming though as we are all jealous as hell! I was in Port Douglas the week before he moved to Qnsland, so never met the man! Follow Travis' outfit on FB, as there are some lovely trips on there.
Never underestimate and old man with a spear gun ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SharkBite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:00am
SharkBite View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Oh desert, shark bite said you were stuck in a dessert!
I did say dessert? my sstupid keyboard needss ssome attention too!

I think probably many are envious of you though FF. Certainly people stuck in desserts, even pavlova, would be envious. I lived and speared in Queensland for 6 years when I was in my 20's, nothing else quite like it and I still miss it. I also miss being in my 20's, and I think it was Azazel who said he wanted only 'single and 20', forever. 
"There goes another moocher"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish food Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 11:24am
fish food View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did you spear up my way shark bite?
I'm envious of the water and vis you boys are getting in feb, I came over for January and the best I got was 4m, managed a few fish in between and had fun with bronzes tho, I'll console myself with the forecast for this week and try get out a couple of times.
If you find yourself in port shark bite look me up for a dive, Any of you guys find yourself up here I'll take you out.philip yeah I'm iPad now doesn't show links tho?

Page  123 4>