Mrs Palmer skirts / Lures

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mrs Palmer skirts / Lures
    Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:19am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm missing a Mrs Palmer skirted lure in my collection. Advice on where/who sells them? 
Got a BM Fugly which has an olive green hue (got a few marlin on it too) but none with the exact colour scheme of a Mrs Palmer.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:37am
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There was a few new "mrs palmers" lures for sale on trademe a while back, mite have been around the 90 buck mark from memory, apart from that I'm not sure, heard they are a good lure tho
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seasider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:40am
Seasider View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Call George at Salt Water Conection Whangarei 09 4388727.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:51am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

W.S laurie has the skirts. Just re skirt another lure. My favourite is to use a B/P Zucker head and re skirt in Mrs Palmer. Mint looking lure and got smashed last season ! and this season so far !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bugzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:55am
Bugzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Big Fish has a couple of actual Mrs Palmer Lures on their shelf
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 1:25pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Seasider Seasider wrote:

Call George at Salt Water Conection Whangarei 09 4388727.
Cheers - one on the way! $59 Mrs Palmer original
Lance - good idea to re-skirt a 5.5 Zuker. I've never had a single sniff on my BP 5.5 - I know others have success but not me. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 1:26pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bugzy Bugzy wrote:

Big Fish has a couple of actual Mrs Palmer Lures on their shelf
Cheers - is that in Auckland?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YadamSkippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 1:38pm
YadamSkippy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Smart Marine in Westhaven have a few
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:31pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've got one doing nothing Roy

If you want to borrow it,Be good to catch up old china

Loaned a lure to Marc last week it caught a marlin in less than half a day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 5:06pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Plonker Plonker wrote:

Sure would be good to catch up. We head out from Whangaroa on 11th so in port the night before.
Will take you up on the offer...adds to a lures provenance when other anglers/boats catch fish on a lure!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't forget to "the five lovely daughters"version as well...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bugzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 6:12pm
Bugzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Big fish in pakuranga. 09 576 2764
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 9:49pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Sure would be good to catch up. We head out from Whangaroa on 11th so in port the night before.
Will take you up on the offer...adds to a lures provenance when other anglers/boats catch fish on a lure!

Hi Roy, would love to lend you the lure. I am going course fishing on the Waikato tomorrow and my parents are heading down to Huntly tomorrow. They could drop the lure off at Huntly.

I have never forgotten what you did for me after that trip in 1998 when I was left red faced at the wharf at Paihia with slippery Pete, who only accepted cheque or credit card. As a 21 year old with only an eftpos card you spotted me $600 on the spot for a guy you had only met five days earlier and I have never forgotten that. I will give you a call in the morning.

The last fish on the lure was a Blue too Queens BoyWink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:33pm
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what a good dude love that stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:45pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Hi Roy, would love to lend you the lure. I am going course fishing on the Waikato tomorrow and my parents are heading down to Huntly tomorrow. They could drop the lure off at Huntly.

I have never forgotten what you did for me after that trip in 1998 when I was left red faced at the wharf at Paihia with slippery Pete, who only accepted cheque or credit card. As a 21 year old with only an eftpos card you spotted me $600 on the spot for a guy you had only met five days earlier and I have never forgotten that. I will give you a call in the morning.

The last fish on the lure was a Blue too Queens BoyWink
Jeez - memory is fading...I did that for you....what was I thinking??
Never forgotten Slippery Pete, though.
Coarse fishing...during a hot marlin bite off West Coast....you've mellowed!!!
Cheers mate!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:44am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

was the fact you were wear lycra shorts PlonksBig smile

seriously good stuff Roy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:45am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

oh and Plonks I will never forget what you did for my sides and the oven door incident, do you rember the story you told us, still talk about that oneLOL
oh the joys of dark nights on the ocean.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:12pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

oh and Plonks I will never forget what you did for my sides and the oven door incident, do you rember the story you told us, still talk about that oneLOL
oh the joys of dark nights on the ocean.

Not me some woman from Keri Keri who I was camping beside at Whangaroa, that was not even the worst of her stories there was some jaw droppers ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:07pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What service - Plonker drove to the Tron, with his good lady, and delivered me a Mrs Palmer lure..It's got Plonker written on the head....would that put a marlin off?
Just about to rig it!
Cheers Kurt...you know if it catches one, you may never see it again! 2 and definitely won't!!Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 5:49pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It was great to see you again Roy.

It's a real one made back in 97 by Smithy from Leigh distributor's had to wait three months to get it made with Plonker in the headStern Smile.

At the time I use to fish out of Toot's it was the must have lure back then every boat pulled one. The story go's that this one lure in one of the Toots one bases out fished the whole Pakula range 10:1 and from that Peter bought out his "Yakka"skirts.

I was fishing was old Scotty on the Big Game out of Toot's one morning a marlin broke off Scotty's for an hour it was s&%t f$$k a##holes till he got a spare off one of the other boats.
Page  123 4>