Surtees 4.85

Page  <12345 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:02pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

very happy with the boat
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:48pm
Platinum
Platinum

well its been 4 months now and about three quarters of the way of setting the boat up how i want it doing a livebait tank at the mo making it out of a ice chest as when im not live baiting i can keep my bait cool

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:56pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:58pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 12:12am
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Question,why is the axle so far back from the center of the boat. does it make a difference when towing? i adjusted mine 3 times to get it to tow better
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:03am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Built_to_fish Built_to_fish wrote:

Question,why is the axle so far back from the center of the boat. does it make a difference when towing? i adjusted mine 3 times to get it to tow better
the centre of the boat is usually not the heaviest point of the back slighty to the back is.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 10:24am
Titanium
Titanium

ahh ok.. i may have to adjust yet again, when i had it to far back the trailer latch was jumping in the tow ball.. brought it forward and the lights of the car went up, so i had to much weight on the ball..i have no idea what to do any advice? thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote red89mx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 11:11am
red89mx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

BTF - I think you have it backwards.

Pushing axle towards outboard will make hitch end heavy and visa versa.  If jumping on ball the axle is too far forward.

Push axle back so that with a normal load of fuel etc you have 20 to 30 kg (min) weight on the hitch, then be carefull how you add extra weight if going on holiday.  Most towbars hold 60 to 80kg downward weight.

Too little weight and trailer bounces around, loss of towing control and risk losing boat if hitch and chain let go....also lose teeth taking boat off and damage skeg.  To much weight and vehicle handling impacted.

I got a set of bathroom scales, put a bit of 4x4 on them (end on) and lowered the hitch onto it using the jocky to determine the weight of my setup.  Was surprised it was less then expected....I need to eat more wheatbix.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:50am
Titanium
Titanium

ahhh wise words from the pro's thank you for that cheers n beers Beer 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:10am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good job time bandit. i'm going to be fitting my own motor and building my own trailer, (with lots of help). any quick tips on building the trailer? ta.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 10:16am
Platinum
Platinum

Not really mate it's pretty straight forward have any questions on trailer or outboard fitting just pm me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 10:22am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks will do.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bpmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 5:39pm
bpmy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi TB, keen on something like this can you pm me as i can't would love to ask you a few Q. Thank
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 7:04pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:45pm
Platinum
Platinum

got a new toy today hds7 touch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:51pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I did feel a tad of regret at getting a gen 2HDS7 rather than a touchscreen, but doesn't the screen get messy with finger marks?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:52pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by muchalls muchalls wrote:

I did feel a tad of regret at getting a gen 2HDS7 rather than a touchscreen, but doesn't the screen get messy with finger marks?
its so easy to use im sure i can live with cleaning the screen

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 7:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

todays mission

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 7:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 7:58pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice one, fitting one of these as well.
Page  <12345 13>