CUSTOM JIGGING REELS

Page  <1 293031
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mark23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
mark23 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Kane , please could you put BX600N pitbull aside for me when your next shipment comes through . A black 95mm arm would be the only customising apart from the standard silver spool , silver sunset drag lever and black extreme T-bar . I’ve left my name and number with Cam at Decoro . Looking forward to hearing back from you when you return from your hols . Cheers Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:09am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tyee tyee wrote:

Hey Kane and PE Pete

Left you a PM Kane about this BV300 and your recommendation or not. PE Pete how has yours been for the past year? Do you rinse in fresh water every time? How often do we need to open them up to service them? I will use on a power boat but also from my kayak now and then which will give it salt spray quite often. Will it hold up??

Pretty hard to go wrong with any of the Accurates including the BV2 range as they now come free services.
I've learnt from Kane and put a bit of grease in all the screw holes (keeps water out and makes it easier to get screws out at service time)
Additionally I rinse with warm water, dry and the coat externals with CRC Multilube Gel.
I fish all my reels off my jet ski with no issues of water intrusion.
Do to answer your question YES the BV will stand up to the uses you describe. IMO
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Maxel have finally produced a longer handle + T-bar knob for the Talica reel.  Simple to install and just so much better to use.

give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:51pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all, just a quick note to acknowledge a fellow forum member, reel wizard, mate and all round good bugger.
Kane Tapper of DFS is calling time on his illustrious career at DFS.
As many of you would be aware Kane has been a heavy weight contributor to this particular thread and the forums in general.
Has inspired me and I'm sure many others to work on, modify, play with and fish the tits off my reels.
Kane is also responsible for the world renouned DFS modified Accurate jigging reels. To put this achievement into perspective the DFS Accurate reels are sold on just about every continent where recreational fishing is a thing...

Kane, thank you very much for your contributions in here, for all the yarns about reels, schooling me up on the various reels.
All the very best to you and Gina for whatever the future holds for both of you.
Much aroha te nui brother
PE Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote home bouy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 8:00am
home bouy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

well said pete. kane has done an amazing job with those accurate reels and is a huge driving force behind accurate and the name they have. all the best kane
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
Jig Master View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Guys,
Guess the cat is out of the bag now! lol
No quiet get away, thanks Pete!
So yea, Gina and I are moving on to new things. Still have the fishing buzz just time for a business change.
It is possitive for us and we are really looking forward to it.
We would like to thank everyone that has supported us over the years, it has been a blast! and a cool era of the scene to be apart of.
The new owners are as into it as we are and keen to take over where we have left off.
The new owner is Brian Grey and he is bringing Mark Armistead in as sales manager. A very cool team!

I would like to do a special thank you to my wife Gina as it has been the two of us not just me and lastly to everyone that supported us,

THANKYOU!
See yous out there.........    SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
If we caught a fish every time, We'd call it catching not fishing.......
Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/accuratefishingnz/
Page  <1 293031