CUSTOM JIGGING REELS

Page  <1 28293031>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:48am
Jig Master View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Fishing Addiction Fishing Addiction wrote:

Wow definatly could change the design if it works. I'm sure sure see salt trapped inside reels causing corrosion everyday so this sounds like a solution
Hi Guys, thanks for the interest.
This reel has now had 7 full fresh water wash down's and is performing as it should. Looking at doing video in six months or so to have a look inside.
Wash down videos at;

If we caught a fish every time, We'd call it catching not fishing.......
Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/accuratefishingnz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 3:39pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how's the drags holding up there big man? still nice n smooooth?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Great White Aussie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 12:41pm
Great White Aussie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Okuma Trio 40 light weight boby.
Salina 1 rotor, large bail arm.
Twin bearing roller.
Salina 2, 6.1:1 arm and knob
DFS VS40 drag up grade spool.
12kg of smooth reliable drag.
Running 30lb Whiplash. 
This is one of my go to reels, love it!

I have a few Okuma Trio 30's,  can these be modified as well ..

Very interested to know if they can be.. very nice reels.

Great White Aussie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:01pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have you ever investigated ceramic bearings?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:59pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi, sorry for slow reply have been busy as. Yea mate, drags are mint. Used it down the Ranfulry Banks a couple weeks back. Smashing Puka's and Kingie's.
This reel has had a heap of use lately with heavy salt water wash on boats and fresh water smashings after the trips.
Happy as with how it is going!
May even think about a pulling it down soon. Will post pic's as I do.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:10pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Great White Aussie Great White Aussie wrote:

Okuma Trio 40 light weight boby.
Salina 1 rotor, large bail arm.
Twin bearing roller.
Salina 2, 6.1:1 arm and knob
DFS VS40 drag up grade spool.
12kg of smooth reliable drag.
Running 30lb Whiplash. 
This is one of my go to reels, love it!

I have a few Okuma Trio 30's,  can these be modified as well ..

Very interested to know if they can be.. very nice reels.

Great White Aussie

Haven't played to much with the 30 size mate, they are old models now to, parts will be hard to find.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

[QUOTE=Jig Master]
Accurate DFS BX600nn Slammer, Open cut "Skeletor"
Sealed spool bearings.
Sealed AR bearing.
Water can pass right through this one!
85mm arm.
Large Extreme knob red rocker.
Red rocker spool.
DFS main shaft.
Stainless ring collar.
Hi jig master is there any chance you are selling any Bx600nn with similar custom specs to this one.
Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:30pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Couple of new Accurates with enough done to them to warrant a post here I think.
1: BX500 DFS SLAMMER

2: BX600 DFS PITBULL

Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:52pm
S-Ray View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Kane from De-Coro pimped the handle on the Saltiga Z-30 along with its drag so it's looking very sharp and drag is smooth as - Cheers Kane 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:57pm
S-Ray View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Might need to drop some of these custom jigs off it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 9:37am
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice reel, where did you get the handle from.
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 9:39am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by kingfish15 kingfish15 wrote:

[QUOTE=Jig Master]
Accurate DFS BX600nn Slammer, Open cut "Skeletor"
Sealed spool bearings.
Sealed AR bearing.
Water can pass right through this one!
85mm arm.
Large Extreme knob red rocker.
Red rocker spool.
DFS main shaft.
Stainless ring collar.
Hi jig master is there any chance you are selling any Bx600nn with similar custom specs to this one.
Thanks
Hi, Yes I can build another, I would need $1200. Side plate and frame can be Silver, Black, Pink. Parts can be black, blue, red, green, silver, bronze, gold. Feel free to give me a call to discuss 07 2828474.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:53pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Kane, been looking at various overseas sites and see the new additions to the Boss Valiant range are gaining some interest. I notice both the new 400 and 500 come in single and two speed with various options for colour finish.
So what you got in this new offering as I haven't seen much about these here in Godzone.
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:27am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by PE Pete PE Pete wrote:

Hey Kane, been looking at various overseas sites and see the new additions to the Boss Valiant range are gaining some interest. I notice both the new 400 and 500 come in single and two speed with various options for colour finish.
So what you got in this new offering as I haven't seen much about these here in Godzone.
Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the interest in the latest model of reels from Accurate. 
The Valiant range has been driven by our agent in Singapore, Alvin Lim from AOF.
The South East Asia market (and others) were calling for lighter reels and Accurate has answered that call.  
Feel free to check them out at;

Accurate started this model with the Valiant-300 (BV-300).
Based off the old Boss Magnum 197xn.
Accurate, or in full "Accurate Grinding" don't just build fishing reels, their "bread and butter" as such are jet turbine engine parts for the likes of Nasa and Tesla.
With this call for lighter products but still retaining gear box strength and drag output Accurate have run the older models of reels through the "Aero Space" machining programs. This has shown them where they can remove material without compromising strength. 
The BV-300 is the smallest over head reel that Accurate has produced to date. A very light, strong, ridged reel. With up around 10kg of max drag. Some are running mono up to 10kg, and braid up to 24kg. 10-20kg braid on slow pitch set ups would be the norm for this model here in NZ.
All BV-300 are narrow spool, 6.1:1, twin drag.
Clicker or no clicker.
Cast control or no cast control.
Right or left hand drive.  
Some colour and knob choices. (off the shelf they are all silver or sliver with red parts).   
The BV-400 is still very light but a stronger gear box.
The BV400-500-500n and as I type this the 600-600n-600nn are based off the super tough BX (Boss Extreme) range.
These models start at a 400 wide (no narrow)
The 500 and 600 come in wide, narrow and extra narrow for the 600 as per the BX range.
All have:
Clicker.
No cast control.
single or 2 speed.
left or right hand drive.
Silver with red parts.
Some knobs choices.
These are basically lighter weight models of the BX range, but retaining the strength all round.
The wide models are good for every thing other than jigging, the narrows are for the jiggers. No problem to run 24kg plus braid on any of these models.
The 600 has just been released at I Cast in the US. Should have some here with in a couple of months.
Feel free to check them out at our local tackle store or call me direct at Accurate Down Under on 07 2828474, I can answer any questions and guide you to your nearest dealer.
Once again feel free to check them out at;
Hope this helps Pete, let me know if you need any more info?
Thanks Kane.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kane that's awesome mate, thanks very much. I'm enjoying my BV300 but thinking I might have use for the 400 or 500 potentially for slow pitch to kings.
I will check out the specs and give you a call mate.
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:50pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Kane that's awesome mate, thanks very much. I'm enjoying my BV300 but thinking I might have use for the 400 or 500 potentially for slow pitch to kings.
I will check out the specs and give you a call mate.
Cheers Pete
What line weight are you thinking of running?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:46pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PE 2 or 3 max
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jig Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:47am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PE 2 or 3 max

Go the BV400. Single speed ok but if you have the bucks go the 2 speed. The low gear is good for cold cranking fish up. Some of those slow pitch rods don't have a lot of lifting power.

Personally for the King's with slow pitch I would be PE6, 300gm Synit slow pitch (Bay Action), BV500 2 speed, 100lb fluoro.    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I was thinking for more day to day stuff not so much up at the three kings. BUT that has got me thinking.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tyee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:23pm
tyee View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Kane and PE Pete

Left you a PM Kane about this BV300 and your recommendation or not. PE Pete how has yours been for the past year? Do you rinse in fresh water every time? How often do we need to open them up to service them? I will use on a power boat but also from my kayak now and then which will give it salt spray quite often. Will it hold up??
Page  <1 28293031>