Photo thread.

Page  123 6>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo thread.
    Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:03pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quite a few of us have cameras, how about a few of your best photos, both out fishing and general photography would do.  

Here are a few of mine. 

Sounds at Night by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Sunset over Sounds by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Salt marsh at sunset by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Surf Rods at Night by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:22pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice idea Thomas. Particularly like your salt marsh one. Looks kind of like Montana...

Here's one of mine:
Whatipu from Cornwallis Monument

Jacko at Onetangi, Waiheke:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:57pm
Murph View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Whakatane Heads / Harbour Entrance.

Moon over Ohope, looking towards East Cape.

Wairaka.

Whakatane Harbour entrance looking towards Whale Island.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:17pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Same great photos here, love the moon over Ohope and Whatipu from Cornwallis Monument.

The Saltmarsh near where I live is one of my favorite evening photography spots. Quite photogenic in the right light. 

Kitten by Flood

Cat by flood by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 8:26am
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm no photographer but took this on an early morning walk at the bach with my phone.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 5:29pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats a nice photo despite the limitations of the phone camera,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 7:48pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Upper Whangarei Harbour

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:48pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wairau by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:57pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

.dunno if ya can see but some great colours on her
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:06pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

'

this one was on the front page of Fishing World

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 9:02pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just a few - My second passion

Port Taranaki

Port Taranaki

Pukearuhe Beach reflections

Pukearuhe Beach

Pukearuhe Beach

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 4:49pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Couple from this weekend.  Always found it rather cute how Calves form clusters, so took a photo. Had to park in the middle of the road so not much time for proper framing. 

Calf_Cluster by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Boat_from_Kai_Wharf by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 5:06pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some great shots there guys.
The wife and I just got back from a 2 week Med cruise and I took this just as we docked in Barcelona early in the morning on a crappy point and shoot. I thought it came out ok.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:52pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just gotten back from a couple of weeks touring the North Island. Took a pile of photo's, here are a few to begin with.

Whangarei Falls by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Taupo at night by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RSJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 4:52pm
RSJ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice pic of the falls thomas ,its been a while since Ive been there used to run that track from there into town and back everyday, I must remember to take a few shots while im up the far nth so can add to the list,you will have to let me know how to post the pics with gd quality every time I try and preview it looks no where as sharp as yours
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote johnny_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 6:41pm
johnny_A View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Couple of my favourites...

Murphy snapping at bubbles

Murphy snapping at bubbles

Motuihe Channel

Pelican on Sydney Harbour

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 6:59pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by RSJ RSJ wrote:

nice pic of the falls thomas ,its been a while since Ive been there used to run that track from there into town and back everyday, I must remember to take a few shots while im up the far nth so can add to the list,you will have to let me know how to post the pics with gd quality every time I try and preview it looks no where as sharp as yours

Upload to Flickr or other dedicated hosting site, then link to the photo there.  I think fishnet applies quite a bit of compression to any photo they host. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:53pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got a new Lens today, A oly 75-300. Had a quick play with it after work. Quite pleased so far. I can see where improvements can be made in the following photos but not bad for starters. 

Puk by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr
The Puks are always a bit shy, even more so when my camera started to beep at them.

Canada by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Farm_Deer by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

CanadaNeck by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 6:24pm
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice Tom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 3:10pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice shots ThomasW.

I love bird photography -

Couple of my snaps of late in my backyard.

Australian King Parrot

Red Wattlebird

Australian Scrub Turkey
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Page  123 6>