awsome new long line

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimreeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: awsome new long line
    Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:05pm
grimreeper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

easy set long lines call adim on 0211044434
or 094320849
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:09pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

link isnt working dude
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimreeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:18pm
Bronze
Bronze

http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih-eovzc9be
try this
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:23pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

na still has to process or something along those lines
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:29pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

i cant get it to work either
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimreeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:32pm
Bronze
Bronze

works on my computer try copy and paste or type it into you tube
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:50pm
kens View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Didnt work for me either but after a bit of messing I found this, is this it?

The past, the present and the future walked into a bar.

It was tense.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimreeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:52pm
Bronze
Bronze

thats it maybe i need some computer training cheers kens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:02pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Any idea how much the whole setup costs?
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:03pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how many times have you hooked your wrist from the hooks while retrieving 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimreeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:13pm
Bronze
Bronze

$399   never hooked my self yet if ya get any big fish on ya can half hitch the back bone over the line gide or do up the clutch  i have set this long line over 200 times testing it and its never falted or ever tangled so easy to use
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:16pm
ponty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cost is $400($399) not bad http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/fishing/salt-water/other/auction-475188618.htm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:24pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

but have you caught anything on it???? LOL

bloody expensive but looks pretty good/durable as well....

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimreeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:37pm
Bronze
Bronze

caught heaps on it video was taken on a day where we only had harbour to set to windy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Damo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 7:30am
Damo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if it was me Id add another weight in the centre of the set somewhere

www.charterconnection.co.nz
Facebook: Diversity-Fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 9:12am
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

pretty clever idea. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 4:02pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seen them on trademe   http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/fishing/salt-water/other/auction-476462077.htm  
looks a good idea, but for $400, no thanks.Also the buoys supplied are too small for my liking to be able to spot easily if i have to hunt them down,and the anchors are too light for the currents i set in,meaning i would have to spend at least anotehr $50 to bring it up to the spec i want.
Looks as though it would be a hassle if there was a lot of weight on the line on retrieval due to the awkward placement of the handle.If there was a shark etc,bye bye to the whole thing?  maybe im wrong.
I have 2 boat and kayak longlines for half that price from Pauls fishing kites and they are awesome. A long line is pretty easy to set out if you do it with the wind and tide.

Shows you here in a video just how simple it is to set a normal longline.   http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/how-to-set-a-longline-from-a-boat_topic59982.html
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 4:55pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Doesnt this thread also belong in This section - http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/new-products-announcements_forum46.html 
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 5:42pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Are the traces on the backbone fixed and not sliding?

Sometimes heavy weights are better than small grapnel anchors, old house window sash weights are the best.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau