Inchiku's

Page  <1 28293031>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:23pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Most slow pitch are 100+g, probably the only true slow pitch are the sea ride jigs, they start at 20g and go up to 180g
I have a 60g version similar in 60, 100,150g, awaiting the small 30 and 40g ( should be here this week)
These are great for casting and i have had very good success using these of an anchored boat in the mussell farmsWink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:27pm
fishmad1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Rod and reel in Newmarket probably have the best selection of slow jigs..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishamn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:45pm
Fishamn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

You'll find that brands like Seafloor Control, Deepliner etc do models from 55g upwards. The storm Gomuku also do little slow pitch lures from 20g upwards. The Blueblue is an awesome slow pitch jig,but was actually originally designed in Japan as a shore casting jig (hence why it only went up to 60g in it's earlier days). That's why it has so much movement and has the shape it does. 
There definitely are places around with pretty extensive range. Just have to look around a bit.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:37pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Keen to see some photos of the smaller jigs Kaveman, Do you still have the solid rings (think they have 2 solid rings attached to a bigger one) I read about a few pages back? Also your casper jigs were ripping it up last Saturday on a very hard day
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:28pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Reel rod's do have a wicked selection but most are $25 each witch is just crazy for snapper jig's IMHO
Kaveman let me know mate I'm keen on a massive order soon

http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 7:32am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by 1Daz 1Daz wrote:

Keen to see some photos of the smaller jigs Kaveman, Do you still have the solid rings (think they have 2 solid rings attached to a bigger one) I read about a few pages back? Also your casper jigs were ripping it up last Saturday on a very hard day

They are en route  now, should be here by end of week(only been waiting for 6 weeks for themOuch)
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 7:37am
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

cool will be all over these aswell.will wait untill they arrive and add them to the slow pitch jig order i was going to make!also with GG once you buy jigs at Kavemans prices its super hard to bring yourself to pay retail on the "branded" jigs when you know you can get 2-3 kaveman jigs for same coin.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:46am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Kaveman 
-what do you suggest to replace the micro jig hooks when they get blunt. You have a very small length of assist and a then of course a really sharp hook that must be very high quality.
A couple of imported damiki backdrop casting 30gr models and a couple of shimano micros have had a real pasting in the last two weeks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:27am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Redfinger Redfinger wrote:

Hi Kaveman 
-what do you suggest to replace the micro jig hooks when they get blunt. You have a very small length of assist and a then of course a really sharp hook that must be very high quality.
A couple of imported damiki backdrop casting 30gr models and a couple of shimano micros have had a real pasting in the last two weeks!

I have replacement hooksets arriving this week hopefully  with my micro jigs so will post up pics of finished sets when they arrive but hopefully they will look like the this

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 4:35pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for posting that.
Are they doubles only? any singles rigged like that?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 7:38pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yes doubles only, never thought of doing singles but after testing the doubles and the success i had, only went with those
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 9:04pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Well after 2 months waiting, my new Casting Jigs have finally arrived.

I have named them CJ for short( also initials of my favourite rod builderLOL )and will use the weight at the end so CastingJig 30g will called CJ30

ATM, i only have 30 and 40g models in 4 colours as pictured below

I also have replacement hooksets that will be available ONLY to those that buy my Casting jigs.
they come in a 3 pkt and i have not seen anything comparable in NZ
All hooksets use the same 1/0 hooks and kevlar assist cord that i use on all my inchiku models so you can be very assured that the quality is 100%

this one has light pink rubber skirt over tassles

these ones look like whitebait

Last ones are more purple skirt over tassles

I will load all these new models onto my website tomorrow. The rigged  CJ jigs will be $5 each and the replacement hooksets will be $9 pkt of 3

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 5:30am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi Kaveman

Which end should you tie onto?  The end where the hookset is?
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 6:42am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Far Quirk Far Quirk wrote:

Hi Kaveman

Which end should you tie onto?  The end where the hookset is?

Yes mate, same end where hooks attached
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jetfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:41pm
jetfisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Team, fishing Inchiku's, Slow jigs, Karubu and the likes around the Gulf. Need a new reel or rod and reel, after pros - cons from anyone with the Okuma Citix 364 vers Daiwa 300 HSP.

Well not a big fan of Okuma in the past I here they are better now and only half the price of the Daiwa.

Any help appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:06pm
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Citrix will last a lot longer on the back of your ski mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:25pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Look at the okuma komodo. It probably the best all round low profile bait caster in the 300 size.it has clicker on it for stray lining etc.I also have lexa300hsp and love it but if I replace it.it will be with the komodo.also the okuma warranty was painless with a no questions asked.I also had no receipt.was on a budget $99 bait caster. They gave me a new one and the old one back for spare spool etc.was impressed With there customer service
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:32pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

if you can find one of the Ocean Anglers Jitterbug rods you would be onto a winner, they work just as well on Kabura lures to. so makes it a pretty good all rounder.
they are not cheap at $250 but u might just find one at FCO closing down sale.
check out the action in the video.

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 5:33pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Perhaps you might also like to check out the how-to and product information videos linked in my signature (scroll to 'videos and tips') - to very briefly show why something is designed the way it is. All the rods, lures and tackle are specifically designed and tested here, and used successfully by thousands of NZ anglers each year to catch snapper and kingfish, and there's some very cool new stuff that's oh so nearly finished coming soon too. The aim of some of the new 'things' coming here is to de-mystify (de- b.s.) , improve and simplify this way of catching fish, good things take time but not far away now!

Kaveman - your twin assist hook rigs look very effective, nice length too.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:38pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Eric, nice video- I have a Jitterbug rod and love the full length bend it gets but he says he's using a pink jitterbug and pink skirt? Looks more like what they refer to as 'leopard pink' with pillow like spots. Same thing I guess.
Page  <1 28293031>