Inchiku's

Page  <1 23456 31>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:04pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just fossicked these out of the tackle box after the weekend mauling by the kids on the beach at the KWC :-)

the little skirts all came from sunnys. The blue one is the one that is on the really heavy berkley hook with the lead SP holder (as opposed to a jig head). They are a very solid hook, I think they have them for folks to use with those cyclops style rigs? All the hooks I have though are at the beach in otehr boxes, so can't show you exactly what I mean dammit. However, the lead inside the skirt holds the skirts onto the lures very well, better than the jig-heads seem to anyhow.
You can alsosee how bad weather and bored effects me... I painted most of my jig heads with nail polish! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:38pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think the hook you've used is an Elevator Hook Stu.
http://www.purefishing.com.au/terminal-tackle/nitro/elevator-hook-rig/

I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:43pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

cant see why they shouldn't work Capt A....
ohh so you just had nail varnish in different colours sitting around???Shocked

i just popped into one of the local tackle shops and ordered some small coloured skirts, hopefully i will get them soon...
funny as, was the guy that has just opened a new shop here was a fishing mate 20plus years ago, just shows how small the country is, from AK to Napier and now Kerikeri...
weather is certainly boring....

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:48pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

like that EditB, that set-up would give you the best of both worlds jig/head set-up with a cyclops weight, brilliant idea... 
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 5:13pm
Titanium
Titanium

yup, thems the buggers! Good hooks, very solid.
Hey, I didn't just have that polish lying around, when I was with the girls on one of their compulsory shopping trips, they hauled-to at one of the nail polish stands at the warehouse.... while I was standing there, I thunked..."hhmmmm.... gold fleck paint.... hmmmmmmmm pink and silver flecked paint.... HMMMM!" and for the massive investment of $5 a bottle, I had one of those "what-the-hell" moments.... now i got the purtiest tackle box in town! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:22pm
Amateur View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I remember SYNIT marketed that exact hook here a couople of years back but didn't keep them coming unfortunately, brilliant hook/keeper combo. The 5/0 is perfect for little grub tails and minnow type baits. I'll order some from purefishing.
No half measures!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:33pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have been experimenting for a while and have been pleasantly surprised by the success of some of the trials. Lures cost about A$1 a pack while browsing through some Ozzie tackle shops. I have found the longer and slimmer the tassles, the better they work. I have also got into the habit of slipping the hook through a tassle to keep the lure shape better on the worm hook. Free-swinging head helps with movement.
Skirts with 100g jigs to give proportion. Bigger skirts are 12cm.

Some rigs made

Success!

There are few things more satisfying than when you try making something different and it works.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 1:36am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

well done Keith,
glade to see someone out there is thinking plus testing there inventions...
i think most Kiwis are pretty good at doing/thinking about it just a matter of getting "A into G"...
i can see they have plenty of movement behind the weight that takes them down....
pretty sure this is what would be the down fall of the jig/head with skirt, not enough movement, i will still give it thrashing once the mud clears up here...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 12:41pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

When out off papamoa today and ended up with limit bag of snappers up to 54cm, few KY to 60cm and a trev. Tried for the first time a Jitterbug Inchiku. It accounted for the first 5 snapper in quick succession, 1 KY and  trev. So I can confirm that these work well here in the Bay of Plenty in 20-25m of water. Definatley work while having on e of these in your collection.
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:19pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

which end did you tie onto Phishpula????
love em aright, they defintely work a treat and dont break the bank to buy...

looks like a good session you had there Phishpula...Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:27pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

At first tied onto the middle ring. Then on the heavy end when I got tired.Big smile Shame I was Nigel nomates in the yak but oh so peaceful. Even the penguins were quiet today.
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 2:47pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you attach two floats to two floating hooks to the top section of an inchiku when you jig it upwards would it now look like a swimming squid? As a stationary position would have the top hooks float upwards and movement forward would make them suddenly jerk down. Yes there may be issues with having four hooks on one jig but with some lumo tube and slightly thicker cord it could be worth a try? 

Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:21pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

interesting Phishpula,
after watching a guy fly fishing a few years age while we drifted in 30mts of water quite a bit of current as well he was pulling as many snaps up as i was on that fly made mainly of white chock feathers...
now he was good USA fisherman using a sinking lead line all line kept in a basket on his waist so no mess...
what i am trying to say i guess is anything when presented right will attract fish, i cant see why yours will not work either, but the tangles may be a hassle after a fish attacks it...
one on the trace a bit further up might be more appropriate, like a dropper...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:32pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You never know what you will get with these things!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 12:48pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is an awesome photo Keith.

What weights are you guys generally using in about 30 - 45 meters? Or is it just current depending? The lighter the better you think or is there a favourite weight?
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 1:02pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Phishpula Phishpula wrote:

If you attach two floats to two floating hooks to the top section of an inchiku when you jig it upwards would it now look like a swimming squid? As a stationary position would have the top hooks float upwards and movement forward would make them suddenly jerk down. Yes there may be issues with having four hooks on one jig but with some lumo tube and slightly thicker cord it could be worth a try? 

Do you even need to have hooks on the top skirts? It's all just flutter attractant right, so ditching the hook will mean less weight and more float.

At which point, I'd be looking at finding a suitable flashy material that floats and incorporating it into the jig head, leaving the trailing jighooks as the are.
I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:14pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Take one sinker stolen from Uncle
Take one Gammie live bait hook
Take one UV Squid lure with cool colours

and you have a Finn Lure
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:25pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:22pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

good tuna trolling lure those Cool 

good for when cuda turn up too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:11pm
Titanium
Titanium

Phishpula....why do you have a window in the side of your spa bath? Hmmmmm..... :-)
That little lure, looks good, but..... just wondering, would it be better off to have a slightly longer shank on the hook so that the point had a better gape, to allow for a clearer hook-up perhaps? Very sexy looking little lure though, I must say....

Still damn curious about the window in the bath though.....
Page  <1 23456 31>