SEAHULL 3.9M BOATS NEW 2011

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seahull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEAHULL 3.9M BOATS NEW 2011
    Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:00pm
seahull View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

HERES A NEW BOAT 3.9M SEAHULL
BUILT TO BE THE BEST RUNABOUT IN THE WORLD,
PROUDLY MADE IN PENROSE, NEW ZEALAND, please see www.SEAHULL.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seahull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:02pm
seahull View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION ITS A CATAMARAN, and VERY STABLE, HEAPS of ROOM,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 7:49am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks good, I like the internal beam size, You do them in a centre console?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 9:06am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw the Youtube clips a few months ago - look like a great platform to modify as worksux says above, a C C version would be the go, neat design and should do well for you, the market in NZ is sadly missing many cat designs unlike Australia, especially in the smaller sizes where the stability is the key.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:22pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

boats of this size are best left simple imo. centre consoles make for more cabling and the maintenance associated with them - better just to leave it tiller steer. usually you can move the fuel and icebox around to balance the boat appropriately.
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seahull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 10:52pm
seahull View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Are going to do a few layouts one with electrics to make it more user freindly for those who hate to pull start outboards, still wondering whether to do centre console or side sit down or front corner console,
This plastic is easy to weld too can make modifications if required, makita do a plastic welding set for $250, i made my speed welding nozzle for hot air gun, seem to go well where ever the load is, planned with 5 adults and 5 kids onboard with a 30hp,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VMnP-dsRs&feature=related
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seahull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 10:54pm
seahull View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

3 people sitting at back without any weight in front still went well, can handle larger outboards for sure,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 8:24am
Spearsniper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by seahull seahull wrote:

Are going to do a few layouts one with electrics to make it more user freindly for those who hate to pull start outboards, still wondering whether to do centre console or side sit down or front corner console,
This plastic is easy to weld too can make modifications if required, makita do a plastic welding set for $250, i made my speed welding nozzle for hot air gun, seem to go well where ever the load is, planned with 5 adults and 5 kids onboard with a 30hp,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VMnP-dsRs&feature=related
I was hoping to see the video with the 10 POB Confused

Are you going to be fitting them out like these, with consoles, seats, etc?

www.spearfishingreview.info
"If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 8:43am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thats tech!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seahull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 9:20am
seahull View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

our one in just 3.9m and theres is 5m, was aware of them and like there boat alot, wont do exactly the same but will do somthing similar, there one has a main centre hull like a mono with 2 outerhulls,
where as my one is a catamaran twin hull with a centre keel,  I have been building alloy cats as far back as 1996,
i saw one of these multis with a canvas cabin and it looked hideous, i will be carful to make sure i keep it looking good and keep it simple,

limted investment and limited time and doing it all on me own makes it hard to compete with the big shots,

Anyway i have heaps of ideas and changes i want to do but its all about $$ and time, for now i can compete on price

I need to get a big crew together and will shoot some more videos of it working on the surf and also with larger crews onboard, alot to do and fish are biting 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 3:21pm
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wow, that's a cool vid
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 7:06pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Saw the Youtube clips a few months ago - look like a great platform to modify as worksux says above, a C C version would be the go, neat design and should do well for you, the market in NZ is sadly missing many cat designs unlike Australia, especially in the smaller sizes where the stability is the key.

Can't agree more FF, Why is it that NZ fisher folks are so obsessed with small pontoon designed boats. I personally like twin hulls because you get a much larger fish platform with out loosing stability,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raumatibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:47pm
Raumatibeach View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Can't agree more FF, Why is it that NZ fisher folks are so obsessed with small pontoon designed boats. I personally like twin hulls because you get a much larger fish platform with out loosing stability,

I've got a pontoon boat. never considered a cat before. the main reason is there's none out here locally apart from a couple of large charter boats to find out more about them either.. These look pretty cool though.
Do you have a twin hull yourselff?
Get off my lawn....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:39am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No, I have a 6m mono and a 3.6m Mac. A few years ago at the Hamilton boat show someone was displaying a few cat designs that had come from Aus. All were set up for single drive OBs. By memory the sizes went from around 4m to 5.5.  I can always remember  thinking, Hell you could fit two 12ft Fyrans inside the 4m one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:41am
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

No, I have a 6m mono and a 3.6m Mac. A few years ago at the Hamilton boat show someone was displaying a few cat designs that had come from Aus. All were set up for single drive OBs. By memory the sizes went from around 4m to 5.5.  I can always remember  thinking, Hell you could fit two 12ft Fyrans inside the 4m one.

webster twinfishers

jim pauling has a fairly small cat available - not a production vessel though
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 1:37pm
Seth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Blackdog cat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 3:46pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You only need to look at aussies long history of cats to see the popularity there, basically the Marham Whaler dominated the small cat market (under 4m) and then the alloys like the excellent Webster Twinfisher, we have Rae-line in NZ making small 3.2m dinghy versions but they are pretty small. I think a lot of people get put off by the handling characteristics of cats which will lean the opposite way to a mono-hull in turns.

I nearly imported a twinfisher a few years ago, a lot of boat for your money... if paying in Australian Dollars! I can see these Seahull's doing well in commercial and aquaculture uses here and in the Pacific regions, the loading ramp is very cool.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stormbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 11:46am
Stormbringer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

that little twinfisher centre console looks ok :)
The seahull looks good too,

I miss my cat it had a huge fishing deck area.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 1:29pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ok nice looking boat,I would like to know would these be any good for lbg(like the loading door),what would they be like in a chop or a running swell of .5-1 meter ,not really a boaty person but have been looking for a while now for a suitable lbg boat
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seahull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:16am
seahull View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ive just done the new 2012 design back end and made it into a outboard bracket right across the back and lost the seat at back, given it another half a meter a back and gives us full use of deck, will post picture later, have a couple boats here that are early ones off the mould can go to a good home at basically cost price is any one wants them,
Page  12>