Acid Wrapping Why?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 4:08pm
The Dog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Badfish thanks for the info
Starting to make sense for me now, seems logical and explains the next question I had
(Why the line is kept so close to the blank at point of transition to underside)
There is such a wealth of knowledge on this forum........And

Thanks Big Fish Bob blank technology is a whole nother kettle of fish on its own.......
Sorta eludes to what you are getting from the likes of synit 
When they are involved in blank testing and manufacter right through to the finished rod.
A lot more to it than buying a blank of mudhole and tying up some guides and fitting a seat.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:11am
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah blank technology is taking on a life of it's own, especially now thta some manufacturers are mucking around with nano-tech resins and cloths etc.

However, there's still plenty of room for buying a blank from anywhere, correctly identifying the spine and setting the guides so they make the line follow the blank for an Overhead reel.

Spinning reels are less of an issue given everything is underneath the rod.

That's one area that I overlooked when looking at the Acid wrapping thing. You can use less guides which means that you're not impinging the natural action of the blank. That explains why some guys are using it on their lighter rods and really liking 'em.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Page  <12