Bloody Gulps!

Page  123 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bloody Gulps!
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:46pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been going through a lot lately i don't mind it means loadsa bites n fish.

One thing I hate is buying a pack of shads and them having wonky bent tailsAngry At $2+ per bait I want perfectly straight baits. I search through all the packs and pick the best ones well at least I do but 5 out the 20 I just got have got little curly tails. This is not the retailers problem either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:52pm
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

LOL shads are so last year
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not where I am fishing LOL

Even those grubs have high % of wonky tails too!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Milkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:06pm
Milkey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Maybe a please explain to Mr Gulpy Berkeley?
Pilchards dont have this problemWink
Proud Prowler Roller, bowler and a$$holer since Feb' 2008.......not anymore, Profish 440 yeah boy!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I wanna have whinge first thats what us poms do eh.

So did the Limitless switch you back to bait eh Milkey? And pilchards blah horrible things piper n macks are where its at off the rocks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Milkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:15pm
Milkey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not switched. But broadened my horizons a tad
Proud Prowler Roller, bowler and a$$holer since Feb' 2008.......not anymore, Profish 440 yeah boy!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fair enough Milkey he has described his technique in some good detail in his FN articles will have to give it a try one day. I think it will be better to try them up north thoughWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigTackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:54pm
BigTackle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I dont know how true this is but i was told it comes down to the transportation from OS. Apparently during transport/shipping the consignment get really hot (like in a steel container), this melts th plastics and then as they cool down they reset in their wonky form.I have heard pure fishing is now consigning cold room containers to defeat this?
Like i said this is what i heard on the long grape vine.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Probably true but they could package them better, they don't skimp on the pogeysLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaypeegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:22pm
jaypeegee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bro..Make your own?
Cheaper and better QA
"You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gulps are great using them ain't an issue (even the losses) and its just recently they seem to have got worse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:30pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

if its that bad why not buy something else.
it wont take them long to get the message if everyone buys something different other than Gulp...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:47pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Slams! work well ...Evil Smile

Yeah I find a good old Wakato Swimmimg Mullet a great substitute for all softbaits.

Don't tell anyone but I love fishing with softbaits but I do think that sometimes people get a little too precious about what works and what doesn't. I bet the bent ones work just as well but for the price I understand if you want a top quality product.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 10:25pm
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No point getting all bent out of shape Muppet. Try Zman's .....not bent and last longer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:23am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

I have noticed the same thing with Gulp lately. But i have found its the cheap ones on trademe that are crap(seconds??), have not had much trouble with the ones in the shops.

Recently converted to Zman, they are the shizzle, 6 trips with one bait before i lost it and i didnt even have to take it off the hook when i got home. Great value for money and they catch as much if nopt more than gulps.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:33am
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mate I'm hearing you, you wouldn't pick those gulps to be worth 2bux a pop thats for sure! I hate buying gulps they are such a rip off, they are soo soft these days. I have been using z-man and can't fault them. I hardly ever buy gulps now and I am sorry to say but they **** in their own nest by ripping us off for so long now the compertition has arrived and compertition it is! If I do buy gulp (always have a few packs on me for that 'just in case moment' I use the 4 inch jig grub. 10 in a pack and they are super good!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:13pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody pain that, i find the ones in the tub are a bit better though. 
Its also about the way you store them. 
I just get my packet ones and put them in my tub, ppl say dont do it yadi yadi ya but to be honest i dont think the fish care.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:50pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gulps rule.......
I don't mint the new zmans but there are not cheap but they do own gulp when it comes to lasting longer
True test for the new zmans will b in the winter
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:31pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has anyone else noticed that the Gulp lizards seem softer than the crazy legs?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:38pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I buy those little 4inch jigging grubs for $10, 10per pack an size really doesnt matter and no defects yet.  Also use 4 inch turtle back worms an they have 12 in a pack,  I got 50odd packs leftLOL @$4 a pack they're cheaper than pilchards!.

Last week I got my limit in snaps with a few nice 10lb jobs using the little cheaper softbaits while my cuz struggled with the 7inch baits.

4inch gulp turtle back worm...just for proof, well hijacked into a trip report, ha!

Page  123 9>