Solomons diary with full pictures AND video!

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 7:55pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No, I doubt it. There is a gaol of sorts in Gizo, the capital of the Western Province, which is very nearby though. The main prisons would be on guadalcanal though, I am sure.
However, it is only a 1hr flight to get to Lola from guadalcanal for long weekends away! :-)
Otherwise, I try to avoid prisons where-ever possible. The fishing is seldom much good I am told..... :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 12:01am
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmmm.... OK, let's see if I can figure out how to load movie clips onto this....

....OK, let's see if that works.... underwater shots of a small bommie at Hotspot...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 12:03am
Titanium
Titanium

OK! So, that works. I will try to add more shots. trouble is, they are unedited, so you will get lots of deckshots etc most of the time!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 12:18am
Titanium
Titanium

OK, let's try this one. For some reason it looks like it is not recorded as cleanly as the u/w one, let's see how it goes though....

....or maybe it was just the preview didn't look so good. The fish landed was this one....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 12:41am
Titanium
Titanium

OK, now try this one.....

You don't often get sharks mess with your fish up here.... but this one tried!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 9:43am
Titanium
Titanium

Takes AGES to load these darn videos to youtube! Anyhow, here is some more.... flicking little poppers on lighter gear (well 20lb but on a light spin rod) just behind the resort, inside the lagoon, as opposed to poppering the rim reefs as we normally do.
There are 3 clips in a row.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 9:46am
Titanium
Titanium

ok, next part, about 2 casts later....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 10:10am
Titanium
Titanium

And another couple in the series.....

...and this about 15 mins later....

.... du-oh!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 10:13am
Titanium
Titanium

This was at Rainbow reef over near Haepei/kurukuru island. Deep reef running between 2 islands holds some good fish, I got a 60lb GT here once, so always good for a flick.
This is a shot of a red bass with eyesight issues....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 10:35am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hideous conditions how ever do you manage to stand up when its like thatErmm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 11:20am
Titanium
Titanium

:-) I know, dreadful ain't it. That is why I get so ratty here when I head out, it just ain't never like that here! (well, not out of whitianga anyhow)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:00pm
Titanium
Titanium

Great to see this new forum on site now for all your travel destinations. Should help people find out more about their options.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HMS Spitroast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:23pm
HMS Spitroast View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey CA
Although Im actually heading to Fiji, im taking up a lighter spinning set. 
What size rod did you use for the 20lb braid?
Im heading up with stradic 4000 on a MWS 6-8 spin, and a whole lot of smaller poppers, but im not sure how heavy to go on the braid??

Cheers

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 5:18pm
whiti-fisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I will have your completed DVD of this trip next time your at the beach thanks Stu .If you want me to send you a couple of blank DVD,s to copy on to let me know
I step out my door to paradise on earth
Page  <1 234