Samoa charters

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samoa charters
    Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:04pm
Grovo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Another tropical inquiry sorry dudes.
I'm heading over to Samoa with the girlfriend on 28th May till 4th June.
Am real keen to do a charter one day or even half day while over there.
Has anyone got any recommendations from experiences had? Ideally GTs and/or yellowfin cos I figure I'm never going to catch one of those in NZ waters.
This is just after the SIGFA nationals, I know some are over there for those, anyone staying on and would like to split a charter even?
A search on this forums turned up no love, google revealed these players:
Liquidmotion (website doesn't work)
Grandermarlin.com (wicked boat, professional outfit, v.big, too much tin for one dude to charter)
Troppo fishing adventures Lady Saele charters (as above)
Yellowfin charters - black pearl (as above)
alfredsfishingcharter.ws - this looks pretty good, possibly reasonable price also for a day or half day.
Anyone had any experience, or are there other small operators over there ya can just rock up to at the wharf when you're over there????
Otherwise I might email them all and maybe try go on standby like....

Cheers for any help anyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seadoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:06pm
Seadoc View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have been out with Alfred twice, really nice bloke, nice boat and tackle (I used my own, though) . I think he is the best option. You won't find any other charters at the wharf in Apia . Last time when I was there Troppo 's boat was out of order too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:20pm
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went on Troppo with Alfred standing in as skipper.......decided I'd use Alfred directly next time....he knew the area and his stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote riga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:49pm
riga View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We were over for the SIGFA comp, both Alfred on Kingfisher II and Roy on Black Pearl fished well, Black Pearl actually took out the comp, Black Pearl is currently based at the Marina but might not still be there when you head up.

Both guys seem like really good skippers and seemed pretty helpful and freindly.

Good luck and there are plently of yellowfin around at the moment and some are a good size as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusty mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 1:31pm
Rusty mc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, Just back from Samoa, had some  great trips out! first with Brent Ross www.offshoreadventures.com  then www.vaimoana.ws resort in Savaii, Sailfish, Gt's, Wahoo, Tuna, Barracuda etc.$300 tala for a half day!!! got to be the cheapest fishing in the world!
Go for it! Russell
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jimmy James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 10:04am
Jimmy James View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all,
Am heading to Le Vasa Resort for a week at the end of August. I am super keen on SWFF -  does anyone know of any charter operators that do it? If not then a good quality affordable charter that either can be chartered by myself or jump in with a group??
Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:21pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Jimmy James Jimmy James wrote:

Hi all,
Am heading to Le Vasa Resort for a week at the end of August. I am super keen on SWFF -  does anyone know of any charter operators that do it? If not then a good quality affordable charter that either can be chartered by myself or jump in with a group??
Thanks

send a pm to nirai or falco, they were there popping/jigging  in savaii last year on a 6m CConsole
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jimmy James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:57pm
Jimmy James View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Kaveman - will do!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 3:52pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Any updates on best charter in Samoa? or is Alfred still the best bet? cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 4:50pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Give Jonathan Barlow a shout... he runs charter boat Extreme Measures based at the Apia Marina.

www.extrememeasures.co.nz

0274391564 or email [email protected].   Samoa 006857222190
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:59pm
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I dumped into Grant Dixon and Matt Watson when I was up there late last year. They had spent a week staying at the Aggies Resort by the airport and had some great fishing. I can't remember the name of the charter they were using but I'm sure if you emailed Grant (email address in the Fishing News) you'd get the good oil. He hasn't got enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times he's been there.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:19pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ill flick Grant an email, so far Alfred is the cheapest by miles
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote madspaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:17pm
madspaz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did you get any reply hogdog? Going over soon for a few weeks. :) cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 3:24pm
Reel Magic View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Alfred was the cheapest option when I went over there last year, but I was staying at Sinalei which is 30 minutes over the hill from Apia. Fish the Dream is based at Sinalei and I went out with them on a shared charter. I think they are around 1200 Tala for 5 hours which you would split by the number of people on the charter (up to 5 ppl)

www.reelmagic.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 8:39pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ive booked a charter with Alfred was just over 400 nzd for the four of us which is a good price compared to others
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote magic1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:10pm
magic1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey im heading to samoa in august, whats the best way to get a hold of alfred? Havent had reply to email yet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:41pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote magic1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:50pm
magic1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Taking Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:43pm
Taking Time View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I emailed him yesterday evening to book one for the end of the month and got a reply straight away, and then again this evening.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 8:24pm
Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7) View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi

going over to Samoa early sept, any update on who can offer good quality , knowledgable and cheap charters ( or private boat owners) ideally light tackle and willing to catch and release
Page  12>