Newbie's Personal Best Photos

Page  <12345 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bugzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 6:05am
Bugzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anglers Name: James Scott 
Locaton: Middle Ground (between White Island and Volkner Rocks)
Date: 28/10/2011
Species: Kingfish
Shore, boat, yak:  Pursuit
Weight (or estimate) : Est 26 kg Tagged and Released
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : 37kg Rig
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) : Livebait

Anglers Name: James Scott 
Locaton: Middle Ground (between White Island and Volkner Rocks)
Date: 28/10/2011
Species: Kingfish
Shore, boat, yak:  Pursuit
Weight (or estimate) : 14kg
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : 37kg Rig
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) : Livebait

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Terabyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:11pm
Terabyte View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anglers Name:Lloyd
Locaton:Tiri Channel
Date:30-10-2011
Species:Snapper
Shore, boat, yak:Boat
Weight (or estimate) :6.3kgs
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) :penn 320 reel
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) :big strips of mullet
I may not always be right, but im never wrong!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wooo, some nice fishes there Terabyte & BugzyThumbs Up. Here I am giving advice and you're getting better fish than me! Awesome work.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bugzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:30am
Bugzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers Smudge.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 1:13pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

There are some awesome catches coming on here guys - well done.
That's a hell of a snap form Tiri Terabyte and a nice pair of kings from White Bugzy - That Rick Pollocks a sharp skipper. Any bust-offs to cry about?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bugzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 11:56am
Bugzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by NZFisher NZFisher wrote:

There are some awesome catches coming on here guys - well done.
That's a hell of a snap form Tiri Terabyte and a nice pair of kings from White Bugzy - That Rick Pollocks a sharp skipper. Any bust-offs to cry about?

No bust offs at all. Just a few lost hooks left with the fish on release
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Terabyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 10:33am
Terabyte View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anglers Name:Lloyd
Locaton:Manukau Harbour
Date:13-11-11
Species:Kingie
Shore, boat, yak:Boat
Weight (or estimate) :guessing 7kg
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) :Penn 320
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) New Flasher Rig  

First Legal One , Caught in only 5 metres of water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gerrystackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 4:29pm
Gerrystackle View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anglers Name:Greg
Locaton:Coromandel Mussel Farms - in about 14 metres of water.
Date:27-11-11
Species:Snapper
Boat - Snapper Safari's mussel barge charter
Weight (or estimate) : Around 5.3lbs apparently
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) :Penn 320GT
Method -  Black Magic Terakihi Terror with some of that good squid you get at Top Catch. Was certainly the bait of choice that day (they didn't want mullet), although I also bagged one good size snap on a ledger rig and big chunk of fresh kahawai.

This was just a bit bigger than the average sized fish caught that day (one lady caught one a shade under 10 lbs). I took home 7 good eaters and threw back a whole heap as well  - if I had to measure them they were going back. Terakihi Terrors worked a treat, although I also put into practice the basic ledger rig Gottafew showed me 9cheers mate) and had some fun on that too.  Not the biggest snapper in the world I know but it certainly made my day and meant that my 10 year old daughter didn't take the piss out of me when I got home that night - its always great to better your best! This one pulled some string so I'm looking forward to getting a moocher on board one day! Happy days!
Greg
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gerrystackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 4:32pm
Gerrystackle View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Given the size of some of the monsters on this forum maybe I shouldn't have posted my pannie - but i'll hold my head up and feel proud!
Greg
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 4:50pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Greg.Keep at it mate and they will get biggerClap
When people ask me how we got on I say..Yeah We Gottafew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 9:01pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Greg, be proud! It's a nice fish and while people catch bigger you caught that one! I've yet to meet a fisherman that was disappointed in catching a 5lb snapper.

Lloyd, where in the bigM did you get the king? I'm very interested in finding out more. It's early for a king on the Manukau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Terabyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 11:38am
Terabyte View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We launched from Mangere Bridge and headed out towards the Waiuku Channel i think it is. Big red buoy out there, looking at the map i think it was somewhere close to Grahams Beach?? We were in a kahawai fishing comp that day, got told there have been 20kg+ Kingies caught there in the past.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lineburningthugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 12:47pm
Lineburningthugs View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lineburningthugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 12:49pm
Lineburningthugs View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coromandel slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:20pm
coromandel slayer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anglers Name:Tori Buchan
Locaton: Tangimoana river mouth off the beach
Date: few days ago
Species: kahawai
Shore, boat, yak:
Weight (or estimate) : few kilos each, solid as!
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : surfcaster with bait, spinner, shimano 6500B
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) bait, spinners
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote toasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:47pm
toasta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work coro slayer! I used to get my fishing fix at Tangimoana river mouth many moons ago when I was at Massey uni...good to see the kahawai are still a staple catch there!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coromandel slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 9:27pm
coromandel slayer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

still plenty here! for someone that doesn't catch much else other than when we go to coro, a decnt sized kahawai or few are great fun and fight hard haha Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dotocomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:43pm
dotocomo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My first Kingie compliments of Toby and the Epic guys this year...of course the bigger one got away earlier that day  Wink 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:51am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great Fish Alig. How's everyone else getting on? It's been very quiet for a while. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:57am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anglers Name:Tyler
Locaton: Aldermans
Date: November
Species: Kingy
Shore, boat, yak: Boat
Weight (or estimate) : A solid 14kg
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : Something hardcore which was borrowed!
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...): Jigging - 400gm zest

The other method was to hang around those top guys at Epic.

Page  <12345 8>