Marlin Sketch/drawings ... And finished outcome

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lickindip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marlin Sketch/drawings ... And finished outcome
    Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:17pm
Lickindip View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

just to make a change from the current "ohhhh there are no marlin left" threads

I am after sketches similar to below:
reason: wanting a tattoo (as you do)
dont want it coloured in or shaded, just the fine lines
so if you know have any that are similar can you please post them, or let me know if this is similar to any brands ( it is very similar to some teak work on the back of a boat ive seen)
google images dont really come up with anything decent

Cheers
Lewis
I just read an article about the dangers of drinking too much; it scared the sh*t out of me, so today I decided I'm never f*cking reading again!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:57pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Markdupp.com and vinniemyers.com

Mark's doing a big addition(10 hours) to my back with a blue, a YFT and a big bait ball to add to the kingi etc I already have some time after we finish work in July
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:59pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This one is pretty sweet and would look mean done in 'dark-side' style.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:01pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats **** hot kezz. Who drew that?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:05pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

found it in a Google search awhile back and thought it'd be the basis of a mint tat for someone...the artists name is Jonathan Heaton.....

http://www.paintingsilove.com/image/show/142525/lone-marlin?path=group&group=73

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lickindip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 3:10pm
Lickindip View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers guys,
im looking at something simple with out shading/colouring
sometimes the portrait style can go either way, dont really want a frowning or smiling marlin Tongue
its going on the top of my foot so wont quite be the size of what it is coming up on the screen

will have a talk to the local guy who did my last family crest to see if he has any ideas/improvements on it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 3:15pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Licki....If you took the picture I posted to any tattooist worth his salt he'd be able to draw that up for you in 'line art'......in my opinion if you omitted the shading and detail you'd have a much more realistic base to work with than the one you posted if that is the looking you are going for....I would redraw it for you as line art but that would just be double handling.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 2:54pm
Tone E View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If its going on your foot I could draw up a really nice whitebait
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lickindip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 3:00pm
Lickindip View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

haha, i may be a skinny white guy but i can still fit a whole marlin on my foot :P
dont some slight touch ups to it and mite pop into the local this wknd for a chat with the guy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lickindip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 7:42pm
Lickindip View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

and the outcome ... only 2hrs old

nice and simple, just how i wanted it Thumbs Up
I just read an article about the dangers of drinking too much; it scared the sh*t out of me, so today I decided I'm never f*cking reading again!