Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 786787788789790 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 9:30am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah they have a lot of appeal those fish pros. easy to launch/retrieve and store. and can sea buscuit when its too windy for fishn! the stereo sounds mean too

edit: just not sure about anchoring. oh and that storage tho!! massive.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 10:20am
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Fissure, a lot of appeal......especially the ease of cleaning up. The stereo thumps, great sound out of them that’s for sure..
The other bonus is that it is fairly economical to run.

The front storage is huge. One of the main reasons I went with the Fish Pro is the storage and the ease of access to it. Didn’t like the thought of having to reach over the handle bars to gain access to the storage every time. The system on the Seadoo is fantastic.

I’ve got a small folding grapnel anchor on a 60m warp, but haven’t used it yet. The stability of the craft suggests it would work fine. I have a rope that I tie off the front that I will use a carabiner to attach the anchor warp to, so she will lay up off the front.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:24pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welly fish will be quaking when they hear that ski coming Spaz. One v nice rig and first trip out looks like it catches fish just fine. Super easy to haul a55 between spots too I'd imagine. looking forward to hearing bout some big bns etc being caught off it. whats ya max range?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 8:11pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

With the 70l tank, being a 4 stroke, and running in eco mode I’d say it would go a long long long way Davo.
The fishing mission the other day used around 25l. That was fishing a few spots in the harbour then well out past the heads to greet an in coming cruise ship, followed by heading into Fitz and around Bearing head (heaps of resetting drifts). We then came back in and cruised back down past Seatoun and around Kau bay sitting at 75kph. Went across to look at the big cruise ship that was in, then a trip around the harbour back to Lowry bay ramp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 8:35pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Davo, just checked the plotter, distance covered was 126km, but a chunk of that was while drifting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:43am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

a range of around 300km+ then.... awesome 👍👍👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote All3yKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 3:31am
All3yKat View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey, I know it's years later, but yes, there was the blue/mako, and a carpet shark, if I remember right. His boat isn't big enough for an extra person/judge to confirm the catch, and they were caught early, so catch and release isn't possible. He also gives away most of his catch, or if it's inedible uses it for burley... nothing is wasted. He's also got folks who are only after the heads. And spotty dog fish were used as dog food for the two sick dogs in the family at the time. Both sharks were pregnant, and I got to take the babies to my kids school and kindy for a bit of education. I remember he told me off for poking them as they hadn't been weighed yet. That was after he got my wee daughter to hold the carpet sharks mouth open for a photo op... it was still alive so I freaked a little with her hand in there. Also, the blue wasn't caught by him, it was caught by the his fishing partner, I think. Besides, dad does way more good than harm considering all he does to protect the marine environment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:08pm
clawman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

wondering if any wgton boaties have a 13.5 inch x 16 prop to fit a yamaha f100 motor.
trying to get the right prop to fit a 5.45m aqualine but dont want to pay $240 new to find out not quite right - possibly a 13.25 inch x 17 may be worth a try.
cheers guys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote danmuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
danmuss View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looks like the tuna have arrived guys....Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah, quite a few being caught in the last 2 days. Hopefully there'll be a window over the weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
clawman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

just got back from pukerua bay + 25 snaps + a trevally not a bad evening.anchored up in 35 mtres + full on fun - only panny size but still good eating.
i reckion it was blowing 20 knots about 5pm+ 1.5mtre swell going through.
met service had it 5 knots + smooth sea - probably is that now sea did flatten down about 7.30pm before we came home.
wemt south of mana 1st + that was even worse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:32pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got out to Kapiti yesterday trolling for tuna. Nailed 2 decent sized ones during around 8 hours of trolling. Water temps between 19.5 and 20 degrees. Beautiful blue water everywhere. Had a bunch of tuna follow the second one up right to the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:48pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hey spaz,

just remind me. Does the crown belong to you or did it depart with the warrior?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:45pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i think it went with the warrior John... I think he's found a new species he can be a magnet for....judging from the photos today 👍👍👍👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JT Yakker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:50pm
JT Yakker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Might need to add Wellington to the Game Fishing page Shocked

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:19pm
davv View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Clawman -i've got one you could loan to see if it's going to help mate its fitted to a yam f100 behind a stabi 530. Its stainless and says 19-k on the prop. Not sure how many inches though
Seems a good match anyway
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:04pm
clawman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks for the offer davv but spent $240 + seem to have a better suited prop now.have a look at the fuel flow + economy forum as i have had lots of good feedback from members + have just posted latest test results.
back to the fishing was out ohau last night + wow did it turn to glass on the way home about 7pm what a stunner when its like that .stopped at our 60m terakihi mark half way between makara + boom + 2 drifts 2 snapper + a terakihisnaps to 3kg + still couldnt see sign on the sounder.
would have stayed all night but had the moko on board got to love welly when its like this
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:54pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sunday was a bit of a blowout.

Stopped for livebaits, caught a few but they were all about 12cm long.

First bait in the water south of Mana resulted in a 45-odd cm Snapper, then it was basically dead other than the odd Kahawai for the rest of the day. Tried a few spots, different depths, different terrain, including a couple of spots where I have caught consistent fish in the last few weeks, all very quiet.

Conditions weren't even that flash, short lumpy swell meant for somewhat uncomfortable running.

Oh well, nice to be on the water anyway.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:38pm
clawman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

anybody got the good oil on where the terrys are wainui-turakarei?
was out there sunday tried the usualdrifts 60-70 mtres back down to bariing head + picked up about 6 + same with cod all just oversize.current was strong so quick drifting but a little dissapointing  for a full arvo fishing-are they in closer at the moment or just isolated patches
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:45am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good mission on Saturday, trolled from the back of Mana to Kapiti for a total of 1 Kahawai, back down to Hunters for a ~10kg kingi on a jig.

Shot into Puk Bay to try for some Snapper but we got there right in the middle of the huge tides we've had at the moment and it was like a river, doing about 2.5kn, berley pot was basically horizontal so after a couple of tries we flagged that away with just one pannie and the kingi from earlier in the bin.

Still an awesome day on the water, beautiful conditions, and we only used about 25L of gas for the whole outing which I thought was pretty good.

Page  <1 786787788789790 793>