Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <12345 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 4:51pm
The Bassman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Raumatibeach Raumatibeach wrote:

Does anyone here have any experience running something like this?

Although I've been in Wellington for over 30 years I'm still a card-carrying, one-eyed Cantabrian (can't help it- grew up right next to Lancaster Park and was watching Canterbury defend the shield since I was about 5, worked in the scoreboard etc).  Still have family down there - thankfully all OK and only relatively minor damage.  Count me in - if my new boat hasn't arrived happy to help out with weigh-in or whatever.  PM me to discuss 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JordanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 8:06pm
JordanM View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by nodrog nodrog wrote:

Hi Jordan. 2 is good but you need to be good mates!

Haha Fair enuff
"size doesnt matter" tell that to the fisheries!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ratty11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 10:21pm
ratty11 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

good to see boating thing for wellington,went out harbour today ,beautifull conditions but fish pretty slow.
few ky ,then barrucuta,few good size terras ,couple of blue cod .nothing that great to mention .
we have caught a few good size elephant fish ,terras ,blue cod and a 6.5lb snapper ,in harbour over the last few weeks ,but i must say the snapper seem to be hard to come  by in harbour,
anyone no of any good spots there?or is it all up to fluke in harbour ,best we head back over to mana ways had far better luck over there ,good luck guy and cals lets get sum big buggers .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AutoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 4:45pm
AutoFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

any progress on this snake hunt?
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:32pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not as yet...
Well kapiti has been hothothot!!
Been some mammoth kingy fishing and the Tuna have been awsome.
Heard of a 27kg Albie being caught and bigeye's and Bluefin up around 45kg.
Water is very green and clean.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-Of-Synit-Rods/137662896327800
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AutoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:38pm
AutoFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey Torcea, the weather is looking good for this weekend and usually i'm out the south coast when i can but it looks like a good weekend to be out west. I'm really keen to catch my first kingy, I no fishermen don't really like to share their spots but have you got any tips or places for a virgin kingy fisherman.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:56pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anywhere west of the boulder bank at the northend. We got 15 yesterday ranging between 7kg-25kg. Out going tide is prefered. Look for a 4mtr RubberduckWink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AutoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:59pm
AutoFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

where do you launch from?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 7:34pm
michael29973 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

^ paraparam beach is the esiest by the boating club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 7:34pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by AutoFish AutoFish wrote:

where do you launch from?
Pram... If you check out the tides you should be able to work out around what time I will be launchingWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:24pm
Gold
Gold

Anyone know if the albies are still off the back of kapiti, with that southerly the other day?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AutoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:34pm
AutoFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

don't know bout the albies but is any one entering the comp this weekend

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 8:37pm
Snaffa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How'd everyone do today?

We decided to go out this morning (after clearing it with civil defense) and launched from plimmerton bridge. It was our first attempt on the west coast and until about 3pm it was going to be my last as we had caught sweet FA!

Anyway got a couple drifts going from mana bridge and managed to coax a few carrots onto our hooks. Feelling a little better about the day we repeated the drift and this time landed 2 nice pannie snaps. Each going around 40cm or so...

This is the first time we had caught snapper in wellington so we were pretty stoked to say the least. So in the end a good day but seemed very hit and miss and i'd say our 'success' was more luck than judgement!

There were a few boats out - did anyone else do alright? Anyone got tips for the area...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stormbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 8:55pm
Stormbringer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Snaffa good to hear you scored your first Wgtn snapper :)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AutoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 11:39am
AutoFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

had the same hit and miss out the west coast yesterday only managed scarpie and a couple terras. the fishing doesn't seem to be the same as the south coast unless its because i'm doing something wrong, instant bites out the south but out west not as good.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 1:12pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Stormbringer Stormbringer wrote:

Well done Snaffa good to hear you scored your first Wgtn snapper :)
Good to see you scored a new Pb Kingfish -Stormbringer Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 5:02pm
Gold
Gold

Went out kapiti yesterday afternoon first time trying to get an albie. Was no birds or anything around, i ended up getting 1 at 6kgs and my mate dropped one right at the boat which was abit bigger.  Still stoked as it was my first albie.  Had a jig but didnt get any kings just anoying barracouta's.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SINNER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 5:19pm
SINNER View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well done mate Smile
<000<< Here Fishy Fish <000<<
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AutoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 6:48pm
AutoFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good stuff! what did you use to catch that.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 6:50pm
Gold
Gold

tuna lure from hunting and fishing just like a zuker but a cheap version.blue and white.
Page  <12345 793>