Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 781782783784785 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stormbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:45pm
Stormbringer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by azzaman azzaman wrote:

Hey can I please get some advice from Welly boat fishers who target Terakihi and blue cod on the south coast? What is the best Berley to attract these species and where is the best place to get it please? I have tried the Salmon but tends to attract a lot of sharks!! Im in the Hutt so anywhere there would be good. Thnks all.

No need for burley, find  reef and and you will have blue cod fish just off the edge of the reef and you should find terikihi, I never use burly and can most of the time get our mixed bag limit of teri/cod as mentioned above you need to use your sounderWink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stormbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:46pm
Stormbringer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Polyfest Polyfest wrote:

Can anybody recommend a mobile outboard mechanic in the Porirua area? Cheers
I would say Kelvin Cudby but he currently has his arm in a cast so cant do anything lol

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:37pm
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Polyfest Polyfest wrote:

Can anybody recommend a mobile outboard mechanic in the Porirua area? Cheers

KP Marine have a mobile service
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quick silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:59pm
Quick silver View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

can anyone give me an idea what the sea is like around kapiti at the moment, hoping to come down and have a look around tomorrow or sunday.
 Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polyfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:07pm
Polyfest View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Grasshoppa Grasshoppa wrote:

KP Marine have a mobile service

They tell me they don't do that... maybe they used to. Somebody mentioned a freelance guy based in Papakowhai. Any ideas who that might be?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Shorefisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:26pm
Shorefisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Quick silver Quick silver wrote:

can anyone give me an idea what the sea is like around kapiti at the moment, hoping to come down and have a look around tomorrow or sunday.
 Thanks

Waikanae webcam:

https://waikanaeboatingclub.org.nz/weather-station/webcam/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:04pm
clawman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

late post but got out a week ago late arvo catch of the day was a 13kg puka  just past sinclair in 60m of water on a blue cod rig with a 60lb trace!
sorry no photo but was the real deal - probably never fluke it again.
anybody got a tip what depth the terris may be fitzroy or turakarei hoping to get out tomorrow if the wind doesnt get up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:57pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by clawman clawman wrote:

anybody got a tip what depth the terris may be fitzroy or turakarei hoping to get out tomorrow if the wind doesnt get up

Would love some intel on Terris in Fitz; I have literally never had a good days fishing in that bay. Every now and then we go try it again and it's always dead :/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7) View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

For those that need a mobile boat mechanic soneone on anoth forum said get in touch with Dave Speedy on
568 4171

He comes to your house etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:44pm
Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7) View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yip, Phil and team at Morris are real craftsman that know boats and what works ... they did this for me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DJ Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:36am
DJ Mike View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Parking like this at Tarakena on a busy weekend is not ideal. Especially given the nearby facilities at Evans Bay, which are more accommodating for larger trailers.

While I don't think anyone here would park like this, it highlights the importance of educating other boaties on ramp etiquette (and I don't mean the punctured sidewall kind of education lol). I really wish I had a pen and paper so I could have left a note.

We're pretty lucky in Wellington to have launching facilities close at hand, and even when it's busy it's not really that bad. Every time I go out with the old man in Auckland I'm reminded of how great we have it here.

So unless we get some kind of license test for boat owners, the only way people will learn is if other people help educate them. If you see sh*t like this, a simple "hey mate, not trying to be a dick or anything, but I noticed you did X, maybe next time do Y, because of Z reasons". This is a dive flag... Don't speed directly across the stern of that boat which is clearly trolling lures... 5 knots is not the same as 30 knots etc...

Teach your missus to fillet and shuck. Before someone else does...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 7:36pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well said. This is the approach to take. Better than the usual vindictive/aggressive/macho crap that is often peddled esp on the Fb pages.

Of course if it doesn’t work, a good kick in the . . .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:32pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nailed 4 albacore north of kapiti in around 70m yesterday. 2 around the 10kg mark, 2 around 5.5kg. Guts were full of baby coutas and squid. Pink and green lures doing the damage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomduggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:37pm
boomduggie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by ninjabert ninjabert wrote:

Nailed 4 albacore north of kapiti in around 70m yesterday. 2 around the 10kg mark, 2 around 5.5kg. Guts were full of baby coutas and squid. Pink and green lures doing the damage.

Great News, I'm based in the Marlborough Area, and am heading out on an Albie mission tomorrow out in Tasman Bay. What was the water temp when you went out? SST is telling me that it's 21 degrees up and down the west coast of D'urville. Apparently a Nelson based charter landed 10 or so the other day! Loos like they might be here in reasonable numbers.

I'll send an update if we have any luck tomorrow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

water temp was 21 degrees where i got them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:11am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Walking the dog this morning along petone and found masses of dead trevally. At least 100 and heaps still on the water. Look to have been dead not long as the seagulls hadn't done much damage yet. Just out from the hikoikoi toilet block. Didn't have my phone so no pics. Mostly small ones about 25 or so cms
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 5:23pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hope MPI were informed, that sounds dodgy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:08pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What did anyone make of the “restricted area” rope off at twin bridges last week? Was working very well when I came in mid afternoon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:27pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

what did it consist of Johnny boy?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Richie - Those staked tapes that the police use to cordon off areas - leaving about 25-30 metres for boats to launch and retrieve. And a security guy policing it. When I was there the bridge jumpers and others were staying outside of this area which was good.
Page  <1 781782783784785 793>