Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 754755756757758 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 12:28pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out for a quick solo mission this morning before the rain came...in 20m off Kau Bay for 2 snapper, 3 fat gurnard, a bunch of kahawai and a barracouta (seems every time I fish the harbour lately I catch a big couta)
Still, was a nice morning and got a good feed.
if your boyfriend doesn't like fishing....you have a girlfriend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hkt_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 9:53pm
hkt_up View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good work snoteel, nice to know there are still a few snaps about and not a single daveo/spaz red demon fish to speak of, yet ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:43pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers hkt_up, yeah great to see snaps still in the harbour...both were healthy fat specimens too. Water temp today 14.4 so certainly dropping.
Do my best to avoid any contact with the red demon although as stated I have become a bit of a couta whisperer.
if your boyfriend doesn't like fishing....you have a girlfriend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 7:37am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out south coast on Saturday.
Water temp was 16.5, went chasing Tiks and BC in about 30m
Had a couple in the bin when I got a really solid bite, pulling line but not screaming off sideways like a KY, after a bit of finessing on the little 1/0 hooks and light line we were using I just about fell out of the boat when a decent Snapper surfaced behind the boat.
Followed him up with a nice pannie not much later.
Ended up with half a dozen tiks, 2 BC and 2 snaps - a good feed for the 3 households represented on the boat.

I dare say after this southerly the BCs are going to be joined by their red cousins, and the inevitable plague of doggys out West.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:28pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by hkt_up hkt_up wrote:

Good work snoteel, nice to know there are still a few snaps about and not a single daveo/spaz red demon fish to speak of, yet ;)

Steady on there fella, I've past that tag on, and it's all Davo's from here on in!!
Can't wait to get him back out on the Warrior so I can watch him slay them again.....its been a while...

Had my favorite meal tonight, Thai Green fish curry using some Blue Nose....yum yum.

The young fella rates it a 10 out of 10 ... And so do I
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:20pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cough cough yeah right!!! that crowns still yours spaz🤓

im super keen to get out - its been quite a few months between fish but im hopefully goin to be a bit sharper and have a bit more energy than i have been for last couple of years now theyve rebuilt me - so the fish had better watch out!

that curry looks damn fine spaz.

great to hear that the snaps are still around. well done fellas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:40pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cleaned out the garage recently and look what I found......

The old Rock trophy. Didn't know I still had it as I thought that it had been awarded to someone else WinkWinkWink

BUT NOW......Its on the line Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 10:23pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

lol an impressive trophy...that rock fought so hard all the way to the top... who will win it this year? post pics of your best red cod to be in the running!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hkt_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 10:47pm
hkt_up View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah I'll be in for a crack at that fine looking trophy. Any tips or secret spots Spaz or Davo ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rudini33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 1:05am
rudini33 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Big smileBig smileBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:10am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

is that Red Cod Rock?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:39am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

best tip i can give you Hkt_up is to take king spaz with you. no need for 3kw transducers and fancy electronics...hes got "red cod chirp" built in 🤓. all the manufacturers are trying to copy him but so far none have suceeded 😜

how deep did that rock come from Phil? cant recall if that was a puka or a bass mission
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hkt_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:35am
hkt_up View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

best tip i can give you Hkt_up is to take king spaz with you.

Nah, yous blokes are like demon fish magnets Davo. If Spaz was on board I'd just end up spending the day watching him catch fish Wink Big smile

That's a mean looking curry Spaz, my mouth is watering!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:26pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You must try the curry with the red cod your GOING to catch Justin lol. Let me know when you want the recipe.
I must dig out my "spot X" map for you guys, has all the hot spots on it for this time of year.
We must make commitment this year, that the biggest Red Cod must be mounted and hung with pride on the anglers lounge wall ..... Davo, that means you will have to move your other RC mounts to other rooms.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:10pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

lol...i'll have to move my prized spiny dog, blind eel and coutta mounts too 😃

i hope this weather settles next week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 3:57pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Best fish from sunday, question is for how much longer?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:33pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Richie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 8:55am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

u need a bigger bin Richie!!!

hopefully they hang around a bit longer - but ive heard the spiny dog invasion has begun off otaki so it wont be long before theyre everywhere and the snaps move off. heaps of cold fresh water pushing out of the harbour this morning - feels like weve had a years worth of rain in the last week or so
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 10:32am
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm usually wrong about most stuff but I reckon West coast snaps stay around longer than people generally think . . . we'll see - spiny's can usually be avoided by fishing a bit higher in the water column and I'm constantly surprised at how far snaps will come up with smart burleying/cubing. Anyway I'll keep targeting them for the next few trips . . . if this crap weather abates.

re the Crown. I don't think we need a spot X - once that warrior gets launched at Seaview they go crazy.

good to hear you're back in action dave!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:27pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

oh and for anyone interested, here's my 23lber I got mounted. the guy sent me some pics. i'm truly stoked on how its come out and its now on my wall.
Page  <1 754755756757758 793>