Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 715716717718719 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 8:12pm
davv View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After a long day out we ended up with 3 ave BC, 1 KY  & 9 decent Tics to 45cm . Went into Fitz in the morn slow but binned a KY & the BC.  Headed out to the trench and  tried for BN but we were moving to fast to keep the baits down with the wind etc. Did about 5 drifts for nought.  Decided not to head deeper and headed round to Turakarei. Found the tics hiding in 100-115 mtr . Good day out nothing like fresh Tic crumbed for dinner washed down with a beer.  Best of all not one spiney ! Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote larsandjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:43am
larsandjo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Much better than us ! We were on the water @ 5.. Caught nothing all day besides sharks... Even when we were following the daniels drift who was hooking up left right and center... Only difference I can think of is that we all had rigs with lumo gear on etc.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 1:57pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some footage from across the ditch a few weeks ago to break the winter blues here... Carrot harvesting not far away now though!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:29pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great vid - looks like an amazing trip. Jealous.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was a lot of fun, but to be honest, I genuinely think we have better fishing here, and so does one of the guys I was with who used to live here (now in Brissy). We certainly have far better table fish I think. The fishing was really slow by aussie standards... but sure as hell beats work'n!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:43pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

haha....GOOD. Looking forward to the carrot vids ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PeppeNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:09am
PeppeNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Beautiful images, and soooo many species!!!

Cheers,
Peppe
Reflex Legacy 505 WT "Onda"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:03pm
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

LIKE like

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Whippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 7:57pm
Whippa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys im selling my Bradley to fund some other projects, excellent condition.

4 rack digital job

anyone keen Pm me.

The proofs in the ride
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:53pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Team, is there someone trusted in Wellington for Lowrance repairs? Our HDS5 suddenly won't power up. It's definitely the head unit as I tried it on another boat tonight and still no good, so I'd appreciate advice on where to send it next.

Are Wright Technologies in Petone a good option?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:59pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have you tried a power up without the chart card inserted UJ? Sometimes they can cause issues on the HDS.

Also there was an additional internal fuse on some of the previous models. Ive not opened up a HDS yet. But they are easy to have a look inside to ascertain.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:12am
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for the advice. I did try to power it up without the chart card fully inserted and still nothing, but I didn't completely remove the card. 

I haven't opened up the case to look for a fuse though, so will do so in the weekend if I haven't already sent it off to the professionals

It was working the previous weekend, but wouldn't power up on Saturday. This HDS was replaced under warranty about three (?) years ago. The previous one got water i it and stopped working.... Oh. I better give this one a shake to see if it sloshes like the last one did Confused 

BRB

EDIT: No sloshing. That's good news I guess.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:52am
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've just sent my Lowrance to ENL in the past, got sick of it tho and replaced with a Garmin, hoping this proves to be bit more reliable
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:17am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yip, unfortunately they are a throw-away item, it's unlikely it will be even looked at for repair by an official repairer, they will just suggest you "replace with the latest model" which is a bit of a cop out. Lowrance don't have a great history for reliability unfortunately and water-proofing isn't their greatest asset.

I don't know of anyone locally who repairs them, or even NZ wide outside of the importer, but I have opened up plenty in the past and fixed niggly issues and replaced things like pezo alarms, LCD's, faulty power sockets, broken pins etc. Happy to look at it if you can't find a pro repairer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:28pm
davv View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I recommend giving the NAVICO guys a call on their tech help line in Auck as they spt Lowrance products.   I found them to be both knowledgable and very helpful when my HDS was giving me start up problems . Mine was " electronically confused" internally  I supopose you would call it so they offered me a straight replacement HDS 7 gen 1 to a gen 2 for free or an upgrade fm a HDS 7 Gen 1 to a HDS 8" Gen 2 for $450 I think it was - I was really impressed with their service TBH 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 7:10pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks team. Davv, I'm being told similar things (about reduced price upgrades) from others - so that may be a good plan. 

The HDS5 is getting harder to see without reading glasses, so if there's room on the console an HDS8 may help with that. We need to give it more shelter though as the current unit is completely exposed to the weather

Andrew, I'll have a look at it over the weekend and let you know if we need help or not. The offer is appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Con Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 8:25pm
King Con View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Is this bad weather ever going to end?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tohatsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 10:06am
tohatsu View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My experience is that the bad weather generally ends about the time the wife wants me to undertake a project. Ouch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quick silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 1:40pm
Quick silver View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Im sure it will come right by feb/march 2016  Shocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:13pm
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its looking good for a mid week session tomorrow, Wed....a very short gap between weather systems......Smile
Page  <1 715716717718719 793>