tauranga fishing

Page  <1 318319320321322 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EarlyRiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:12am
EarlyRiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Never mind. Just about to head off to the Ramp, looks stunning out there at moe
"FELIX" Kingfisher Cat 5.1cc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JasonEdward62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:40am
JasonEdward62 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Never mind = Good call Clap...excuse my grumpy-ness... haven't fished for a while... Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:42am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Guys
Been trying to get onto the site for a week.  Just retired so I don't know whether that had anything to do with me forgetting my password.
I got out through the crowds on the ramp last Saturday and had a good day in about 90 ft.  Got nine snapper with all but two over 40cm with the best going 60cm. I didn't bother anchoring and did a few drifts. Best fish was on a kobura.  Just wondering, is anyone getting them in shallower or is that depth the place to be.  A tip on gurnard would be appreciated.  Years ago Steve Sneddon told me to go off the firebreak on Matakana but its grown over.
On ramp etiquette, theres always going to be ****heads.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:03am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I was down that way on Saturday Kev & did pretty ok on the gurnard in about 8 mtrs.

If you place Karewa at right angles to the beach, that would be a good place to start.

Try drifting with bait & when you hit paydirt, anchor & get into them.Or, softbaits.

Best time was an hour either side of slack.

I've still got a map of Tauranga  harbour & outside that Steve sorted for me...his scallop spots & all...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:11am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Bill. Yep, Steve was a good source of info. Didn't like him some mornings after a night on his bloody Fosters though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:14pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks a bit windy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EarlyRiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:37pm
Silver
Silver

You wouldn’t believe it Puff, he was back out there again today behind Karewa. He was putting in some slow miles, maybe wearing in those two new donkeys! Looks a little commercial/tug boat esk.

Fish holding from 8m out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:27pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

E R how’d you go today?
Yeah the black tug looks pretty shiny and new, good on him for giving it a crack, I thought he might be on this forum....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EarlyRiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:09pm
Silver
Silver

All good, few more baby snaps around than the other week but still some good size ones in amongst it.
Most well off the bottom and the micro jigs/Softbait doing best. Fished 30-38m then in close. Shallower better this time. Good ride home dodging the rain front. Big clean out this weekend before she goes in for her service on Monday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote EarlyRiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 8:22am
Silver
Silver

Few shots from the last couple of outings.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:11pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good workJoel. I'm guessing although the 2nd pic was inside the harbour, they were all caught outside?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EarlyRiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:42pm
Silver
Silver

Hey how’s the arm? Haven’t seen you about for ages! All outside fish. Photo was of pack up and quick snack before heading up the ramp
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 1:16pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How is the harbour fishing at the moment please?
Any kings seen Waihi Beach end?
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 3:35pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shot down pap beach again this morning. All on softies all zmans
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 3:39pm
batman34 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi everyone,
This is my first time on this forum so hopefully I,m doin* it right. Launched off the beach at Waihi last night and fished up to the high tide We got 7 nice sized snapper each. Fishing has been very good down this end of the bay
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 4:03pm
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by 14footFC 14footFC wrote:

Any hint on flavour for a beginner. Gunna give it a crack in the morning. Also depth?????

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 4:04pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Good stuff batman~~yep, you are doing it right Big smile
Welcome to the Tauranga page & I hope we get more reports from up your way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 5:53pm
lizid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi batman34 .... North end I presume but what depth?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:28pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Arm is all good. Tested it out on Good Friday, out to Mayor - managed an 18lber. Was very pleased with that!

Haven't had huge amounts of success since, in fact got my 1st big fat zero, on the ski, last weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 7:05pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Sole M8 Sole M8 wrote:

Originally posted by 14footFC 14footFC wrote:

Any hint on flavour for a beginner. Gunna give it a crack in the morning. Also depth?????

Cheers

Yeah sure, I was I’m fairly close in about 14 mtrs first and got the two smaller ones, the plan was to try get a trev or a gurnard. Was pretty slow so went went out to about 22 mtrs and got the rest in a few short drifts. I normally use my eyes over the sounder to watch birds etc but wasn’t much of that today or last Sunday so I then do a long drift and mark any fish I catch. Both today and last trip the first drift started slow then two fish fairly quickly then slow, so I do a big wide slow track and come in just up from the first fish and repeat. Got the rest same spot. I slow the drift down as much as possible, use thin braid and just enough weight to hit the bottom. Today was a bit windy, I was doing 0.6 knots in 22 mtrs, used 8lb braid with 16lb leader, 1/2 ounce head with 5 inch jerk. Best colours for me was the blood one?? and sexy penny. So kinda reddish orange and chatruse would be close. With zmans I add sent every 5/6 casts too. Hope that helps mate. If one thing doesn’t work I try another aye, I take a few rods and try micro jigs and sliders and skuts and keep changing colours till something works.
Page  <1 318319320321322 413>