tauranga fishing

Page  <1 306307308309310 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote munta snapa hunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:02pm
munta snapa hunta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Lived there for 6 years. Pukehina not that great but if you go to the 1st carpark as you get to the beginning of Pukehiana and walk to the right about 500 or so metres in front of the pohutakawa trees there are big mussel rocks. That where I used to clean up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAZA 2+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:05pm
DAZA 2+1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out around 10 this morning for a quick softbait session, caught 7 nice pannies, back at the ramp at 1. Nice to be back on the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:20pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

nice work Daza.
Would have been a bit sloppy out there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAZA 2+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:06pm
DAZA 2+1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah pretty sloppy but didn't go far, wind with tide so wasn't too bad. Snap's were pretty hungry, caught on z man new penny and electric chicken.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Won tong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 11:03pm
Won tong View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone been having any luck on the kingis??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:39pm
BlindFishingNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a good day out yesterday...wasted 4.5 hours at Schooner then decided to head in close, stopped off at plate on the way and got our limit in 90 minutes, biggest snap went 18.5lb, a PB for me!

Caught on a new penny Zman paddle tail whatyamacallit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 3:18pm
Mossy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work, aliasceiza. All the snaps on softies? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:10am
BlindFishingNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yip, not even any smelly bait onboard!

Fished the harbour last night, forecast didn't really work out, it was freezing cold, 2 snaps, 2 Kahawai, no weed, all on smelly bait, possibly would have picked up more, but left berley pot at home, oops!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwikoro. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 6:05pm
Kiwikoro. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Harbour fishi,
A mate and i fished the harbour last night, the incoming tide,suited the wind in the end,sitting in 3 metres fishing back onto about 1.5 metres,burley,came home with 8 nice pannies 32-35cm.Very dark night,caught 2 eels late in the tide,once I catch eels,that's the end of the fishing unless you move so we came home,only 3 other trailers at the Sulphur Point ramp.
Wasn't too bad a night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:08pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kiwi Koro Kiwi Koro wrote:

Harbour fishi,
A mate and i fished the harbour last night, the incoming tide,suited the wind in the end,sitting in 3 metres fishing back onto about 1.5 metres,burley,came home with 8 nice pannies 32-35cm.Very dark night,caught 2 eels late in the tide,once I catch eels,that's the end of the fishing unless you move so we came home,only 3 other trailers at the Sulphur Point ramp.
Wasn't too bad a night.

Yip, once the eels turn up, it's all over rover.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:18pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

out on water today 7am, tried off the edge of channel off te puna beach.. heaps of sign. not even 1 bite. moved at 10am to just off rangawai cliffs. heaps  of sign, none bite, heaps of lettuce....... was off ferguson park 11:30am on some sign, none bites, heaps off lettuce, left there pretty quick coz of the lettuce, anchor weighed a ton with the ton of lettuce on it, buggered  off out the entrance  just before "a bouy" in 13 metres on heaps of sign, after a hour or so got my PB barracuda...  back at ramp at 1pm. guttered coz the 1st time i have returned home empty. not even a bite apart from the barracuda... 
anyone feel free to PM  me with something lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Next weekend will be better for you Badger.
Well, it's got to better than what was dished up to you today
Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote munta snapa hunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:32pm
munta snapa hunta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went surfacasting Matakana on Sat. 1 Snappers and so much sea lettuce. Your line lasted 2 minutes then dragged away

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:56pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Southerly winds. Hard fishing when wind is from the south. Well thats what I've always experienced
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:14pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yea i beleive the southerly myth now :)
gonna see if the boss man will let me fish at dusk
i rekn the "minor bite time" is onto sumfing, the 3 hours before the moon rises, always done  good during that time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote buretaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:36pm
buretaski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Some snaps from down by Karewa this morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:31pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nice pannies Peter.
Lures or bait?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote buretaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:06pm
buretaski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

was using bait this morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 6:27pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You should try a big slab of bait sometime Uncle, it actually works.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:36pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Got my hands dirty yesterday kitno But wasn't on my boat, lol
Page  <1 306307308309310 413>