tauranga fishing

Page  <1 298299300301302 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 7:17pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What kinda area of the harbour. Keen to take the kayak for a paddle Sunday. Hopefully still hanging around
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 7:36pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pahoia
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 9:12pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Craig, always good for the harbour intel
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 4:11pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

jonocoogee - I've been looking for Trevs on the last 2 trips over the last week; once around Motuhoa/Plummers Pt and the other down at the Mt wharf where the ships are loading/unloading. Zilch both times, so it would be great to hear from you if you manage a Trevally or 2 amongst those Kahawai!!
In fact I might just head up there 1st thing tomorrow morning. I will give an update if I get out up there.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote finney888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:41pm
finney888 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

caught half a dozen legal trevs near the light thingy (think its a light). past the maori statue at the mount. bout 20m from the rocks there. not a local (aussie) so hope spelling is ok.... but they were amongst some big kahwhai.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote finney888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:15am
finney888 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:11am
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mmmmm... Caught some big Yellow Eyed Mullet but nothing else. Almost no wind - luckily I didn't take too much notice of the wind forecast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:14pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Cliff M-F Cliff M-F wrote:

Mmmmm... Caught some big Yellow Eyed Mullet but nothing else. Almost no wind - luckily I didn't take too much notice of the wind forecast.

There's usually a few mac's amongst those yellow eyes.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SepticYank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:15pm
SepticYank View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Do yรกll think it's possible to get trevs landbased on that side of the mount? I may have a go for them tomorrow morning... Never caught one larger than a 50c piece!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote finney888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:42pm
finney888 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

possibly, i have fished from the rocks and hooked plenty of the big kahwhai and our boat was anchored up pretty close to where you can cast to so im guessing the trevs would be there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SepticYank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:51pm
SepticYank View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome, sounds like I may have a chance then. Were you using softies? I'll try a few different things I reckon..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote finney888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:43am
finney888 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

nah they liked bonito. dont have good gear in nz so basic bait fishing for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:25pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any news on fishing outside of the Harbour? My last 3 trips have been highly unsuccessful and in the Harbour, so I shall try outside in what appears to be a reasonable weather window tomorrow. 
I'm looking at going out for the mid morning bite time, maybe out to Penguin Shoals, Brewers, Pudney or Astrolabe, depending on what I hear through the Grapevine, stopping at any workups on the way. 
Feel free to put your 2 cents worth in folks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FredKaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:56am
FredKaiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All,

I think we are getting to that time of the year when we don't fish as much and turn into grumpy sh*t*s in the shed avoiding contact with the real world and focus on complaining about the cold and where has the fish gone...

Around this time last year I was preparing to move to Tauranga. 1 year later, I'm settling and my fishing has definitely improved from past experiences thanks to a few of you! You know who you are :-)

With that said, I reckon it's time for another catch up at the club for that great fishing yarn and *itching session about general stuff.

So I'd like to invite you all again for an evening of beers, snacks and good old banter at the Tauranga Sports Fishing Club in Sulphur Point. I will also post this on the Captain Morgan Briny Bar to see if we get more people.

Any takers? kitno, betty boop, ratty, uncle, fizz, anyone??

Family always welcome... looking at a Friday (in the next couple of weeks) 5pm to 8pm or something like that?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:48am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm a starter.....I'll await notification ๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ˜Ž
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went out today, boss man bought a new boat after been a long time without...  not terribly experienced and went out todayy on boats maiden voyage,  as sundays my only day off ,  after the rain stopped... was going to go out the entrance but forecast was poo and been the ONLY car at the boat ramp made me uncomfortable so cruised around the harbour to see how the boat goes...   anchored in 9 metres off tepuna beach by matahoa? island, sounder was going crazy but only 1 taker, a 36cm gurnard... never did i think  you could get gurnard in the harbour, but i dont know  much, returned to ramp at 11am .. bout 6 other trailors there.  but i was stoked with my gurnard.
had berly, a soft bait out and a octopus flasher rig  from the warehouse using bonito bait with 2 ounce sinker. gurnard took the octupus flasher with the bonito
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:47am
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Saturday morning I shot out to my usual haunt East of A Bouy...... Had some Dolphins join us for part of the trip out there. Was a bit slow to start with, then we got plagued by kahawai, couldn't get anything through them, think we had a quadruple hook up at one stage. about 2ish the snapper came on the munch, and we kept a dozen from 35-63cm, a few rat kings were caught and released and a nice 94cm fatty which was 22.5lb. Came back in with the sea like a lake. Mint day on the water....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FredKaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:11am
FredKaiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Here is a link to the get together topic is anyone else is interest!

It's on... there are about 6 confirmed and always a couple more will show up... it would be good if whoever is keen reply on that topic.

Again, it's just get together, drink beers, eat chips and talk smack!

Family welcome!

Cheers,
FK
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seanyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 6:40pm
Seanyblue View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yep I'm keen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Won tong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:58pm
Won tong View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey anyone having luck on terikihi yet? Cheers
Page  <1 298299300301302 413>