tauranga fishing

Page  <1 225226227228229 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:43pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like some good late week weather, lets hope the cold snap hasn't shut the fishes mouths

TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:20pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I'm hoping to find out tomorrow jono Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:24pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Unfortunately I have clients Thursday and Friday
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:28pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Are you still heading out tomorrow Walu?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 10:05pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heading east tomorrow, primo weather and days off life is good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:04am
Platinum
Platinum

We will decide tomorrow Uncle. Thursday would be better, however I now have client in Whakatane to visit and work Friday.

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:31pm
Ara View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I went for a fish along Matakana this morning, plenty of Kahawai around. I kept a few 40+ cm snaps for tea. I then headed over to rabbit to have a play, I should have stayed fishing at Matakana. There were a few Orcas cruising around the mount so I thought the fish would be hiding so I headed home.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yes I socialized with the orcas this afternoon at the entrance. They were also in the shallows in front of the pony club at Papamoa Beach about 5pm

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:13pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

My fishing report for today....

o

I think Ara caught them all before we got there.Shocked

Addendum: I nearly forgot the one kahawai that graced the decks.
For us there was no sign on the sounder, nothing on the surface & buggar all birds about. The toughest day fishing in a long time.
Please stay home tomorrow AraLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperTrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 9:00am
TheSnapperTrapper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Guys, you're not filling me with me confidence for a day out fishing tomorrow haha.

Taking out a couple of mates who haven't done a lot of fishing - would be pretty keen to catch with the Orcas aswell. Any hunches on where the fish are hiding? Thinking I might need to head out deep - Penguin perhaps?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:35am
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry to harp on but.....

Anyone got spare room for one more either tomorrow (friday) or saturday? before the weather packs it in again

Really appreciate it if you send me a PM please - new rod still shiny and no blood on it yet....Cry

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:22pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Ara must'v stayed home today & I've got me smile backBig smile

Snapper & gurnard for dinner tonight & tomorrow, kingfish.

Out from the entrance toward Karewa, 14+ mtrs & the kahawai were going nuts.

There were a lot of boats in the general area so would be interesting to hear how others got on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:12pm
Ara View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thumbs Up Glad to hear you had a better day today Bill.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote red rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:18pm
red rooster View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi there, I've come up here to see the inlaws had a mate to go out with but he's bailed on me, if anyone got a spare seat tomorrow ??.. Got my gear an gas .
Help please I'm stuck , no sky no beer no mates
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:55pm
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yup know that feeling.... lol

If you get stuck RR then give me a yodel could do it landbased but no guarantees on catching anything
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:19am
BlindFishingNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wow, so after the great weather on Friday, only weather window for a while, and for which I nearly busted a gut trying to get on the water...not one single report!

Must have been a bad fishing day!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Hot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:00pm
Reel Hot View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went to middle ground yesterday got 5 very good snapper .Still lots of small ones around and a few terys and kys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperTrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 9:28pm
TheSnapperTrapper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had a horrible trip on Friday. Went out to Penguin shoals (should've stayed in close) only to lose a jig to the reef. Anchored up on some snapper sign a while off the reef and nothing was biting. Went to leave and couldn't get the anchor back, so goodbye 75m of rope, chain and anchor. Came back in close and got 5 snapper before we had to head in.

Hopefully someone had better luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 6:50am
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Also had a rubbish day Friday, 

Started to try for livies in the harbour, found heaps but couldnt get any to bite. So moved onto Penguins for a jig....Lots of nothing. Moved onto mayor, more nothing...Ohh wait 1 giant baracoutta. Talked to a few other boats out there who were doing about the same as us. The 15knot SE was a little lumpier then the 5knot variable predicted. 

Moved back to matakana in the avo for a quick softbait on the way home, 2 gurnard and 1 john dory. Was a very slow day and the constant southerly all day made it pretty fresh. 
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 5:47pm
Ara View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It wasn't all bad Friday, two of us had a great day down at Motiti. We caught plenty of large Kahawai early on and we kept 3 for the smoker.
We landed 20plus nice snapper the biggest one was around 7lb.
The water was pretty clear and once the breeze eased it wasn't too coldThumbs Up
Page  <1 225226227228229 413>