FISHWISPER - Brought Mclay 560 Cruiser

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FISHWISPER - Brought Mclay 560 Cruiser
    Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:44pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Guys

Cheers for all your help and pointersWink

I've brought a second hand 560 Mclay Cruiser, I was looking at the Fibey's to get a bigger cabin for my boy's and maybe the odd overnighter but really wanted to stay with Ali.

I did like my last 550 Classic so thought to try and find a Cruiser as it would give me the cabin room and Mclays being wide i thought it would still give me fishing room as no seats at the back, So I gave up a little of my fishing room for the cabin and I think it may ride nicer than the classic as your seated back a bit further?
Also I couldn't walk away from it as the cabin is big enough for me to lie down in ( 5'9 ) and also it had Rocket Launcher,Under floor fuel tank, Under floor fish bin, Live bait tank and elec winch so I don't need to do anything to her she's all ready to goBig smile

It's all 2000 with a 90Merc with 110 Hrs on the clock so it should do me for a few years!

Here's a pic of it for ya's to seeSmile 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:51pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

very tidy mate and very low hrs go an blood her up now Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:51pm
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice rig mate.May you catch plenty wherever ya goClap
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:56pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by STEVIE WONDER STEVIE WONDER wrote:

Whats your rig Stevie spose it resembles a bar code ,got the flag out the bag like Muppet LOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 5:03pm
paw View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good choice-I've got the 580 Cruiser and they certainly have good cabin space and are a nice riding boat. Hard to find second hand in the cruiser model in that size, I'm sure you will be pleased with it.
sleeping is a symptom of caffeine deprivation
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 5:58pm
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by blackboat blackboat wrote:

Originally posted by STEVIE WONDER STEVIE WONDER wrote:

Whats your rig Stevie spose it resembles a bar code ,got the flag out the bag like Muppet LOLLOL

Hahaha nah mate it's a Haines Hunter 700SF and no flag or barcodes.White with blue stripe at the moment but when the money allows might get a black and white striped boat.Good ideaBig smile
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 6:19pm
BuzzyBee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice lookin boat there.. right time to,.. suns out and just waiting for it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moki Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 6:24pm
Moki Marko View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done FW, you certainly did your homework on this one. You liked the McLay you had before so know what you're getting, and I think you're right when you say the cruiser is a better ride than a Fisherman. looks like a great all round package. Thanks for sharing your experience and keep us updated, be interested in  how she goes. Have been in heaps of McLays as there are heaps of them around Nelson, seem to go better with a bit of speed on, so give it heaps.