Top of the South Posts

Page  <1 156157158159>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sweetbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 9:44pm
Sweetbilly View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Much been happening? Headin to QCS in a few weeks time for long weekend work do, aim to squeeze a dive in around the beers and fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bluefox_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 10:26pm
bluefox_13 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Its been epic if youre all over shooting moki and butters, and pickin your way through undersize cod. Plenty of cook strait sailfish round as well if your looking to spice things up a bit too.
Yes its cold... no I dont care that you feel the cold easily... no we can't get out....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sweetbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 10:01pm
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by bluefox_13 bluefox_13 wrote:

Its been epic if youre all over shooting moki and butters, and pickin your way through undersize cod. Plenty of cook strait sailfish round as well if your looking to spice things up a bit too.
awesome, I'm a complete noob maybe 4 dives total and 1 moki to show for itl!! SpearoMike gave me a few pointers over the phone a few months back but ain't been up there since speaking with him. We will be based in Waikawa and no doubt venture to the outer QCS like our past trips for a fish. Definitely keen on a few moki and snagging my first butter too!

Sail fish lol WTF ??? Wild guess... Couta ??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 5:58pm
SpearoMike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm still around mate.
here fishy fishy.......... ><(((((º> ............><(((((º>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sweetbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:14pm
Bronze
Bronze

I'm thinking of a reccy trip next weekend so if you're around?? Then I have mates work do trip the following weekend (7th -10th) in waikawa then Portage with family the weekend following. Busy busy.. Any spots to spear in kenepuru?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bluefox_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 7:09am
Platinum
Platinum

Kenepuru is awesome as long as your using a 20cm gun, love not shooting fish and love mud...
Yes its cold... no I dont care that you feel the cold easily... no we can't get out....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sweetbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:09am
Bronze
Bronze

Hmmm thought as much. Should've talked the in laws into the qcs oh well!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nzgsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 9:45am
Nzgsr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all. Can anyone suggest any spots for spearing in the kenepuru sound?

I know its not an ideal spot for it, but its where my bach is and i dont seem to have much trouble finding snapper from a boat during the summer.

Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bluefox_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 1:54pm
Platinum
Platinum

Honestly dont even bother... thers basically no reef structure so snooping up on snapper is not an option. Not to mention that on your very best day you might have 2 metres viz at very best.

Kings hang rnd the mussel farms like anywhere else in the sounds but by time you catch a glimpse if them they are gone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sweetbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 3:46pm
Bronze
Bronze

Off to Picton for the weekend hoping to get over to underwood on Saturday for the first time. What weather/wind is best for vis and conditions?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bluefox_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 9:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

Constant southerly and soueasters are the worst. And guess whats been blowing the last couple of weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:30pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah its not great out there . Swells been up to high last 2 weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Penty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 2:40pm
Penty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All

Looking at taking some time off around Easter 2016. Just wanna hear peoples thoughts on chances of Kingies/Snapper/Crays around Durville/Perlous Sound early April?

It will be my last diving opportunity in NZ for an extended period of time (OE in London), so wanna make it a ripper! We will fingers crossed have access to large trailer boat with O/night capability so thinking of a few options but ultimately based in Okiwi Bay we think.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:06pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Penty (liner), my thoughts are the kingis in top of the south are best shot between Canterbury Show Weekend (November), and the end of March. Outside these times they're a bit harder to find. Come for a swim Tuesday nights and we can talk further over a beer afterwards ...
Do or do not. There is no try.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote elusive.moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 4:09pm
elusive.moose View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all, 
A wee way out yet, but I'm a Dunedin spearo heading up to Kaikoura, West Coast/Karamea and in between over summer (December 25th - Jan 10th or so). Going to be surfing, diving and exploring so if anyones keen to go shoot some fish at some stage or has a good spot to check out then would be much appreciated. Of course the same goes if anyone makes it down here too! Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 12:50pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gidday tots spearos. JB's snapper classic is on in keneperu sound in late April. There's a new category for "largest speared " which I plan to win. Join up (join their Facebook page) for a great weekend. Search Justin Blackler snapper classic.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 12:56pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Here's more details :
CONFIRMED DATES.
The 2017 JB's Kenepuru Snapper Classic with run from 27th - 30th April. Lock it in the Diary now Gents. For those that couldn't make it last year due to 'The Roar' hopefully being a little later will help.
For the team at the Boathouse we are booked in to arrive 26th and leave 1st May.
If you have any additional people that are keen please let either Kent or I know and we can add them in. Accommodation at the Boathouse is full so for any new contestants they will need to sort that themselves. There are plenty of options very close by. Te Mahia resort is a great option with a Boat Ramp and moorings available to guests. We have also stayed at a couple of other places that are good as well - yell out if you get stuck.

For those without a boat I would reccomend having a chat with Dom. His Mum hires out awesome wee Stabicrafts that are ideal for Kenepuru.

Let the countdown begin.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 11:59am
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone know what the ports doing? Can't see any sat photos as it's too cloudy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bokken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:02am
bokken View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

still a few months away, but I've put some info about this years South Island Champs up on facebook...

8th april. usual format, but we are going to host out of french pass this time around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote loafabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:41pm
loafabout View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Team,
I know its been mentioned before, but where is the best website for Satellite imagery of the coast line?
I have been on the Cawthorn Institute but I cant seem to get it to zoom in very close at all?
Cheers
Page  <1 156157158159>