trolling poppers

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 12:06pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I like that blue/black popper on the right hand side,second from bottom....what make and size/weight/price  is that please?Is it wood/plastic or have rattles? cheers
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 2:16pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is one of the strike pros. Ummm... it is pretty much an exact knock-off of the yo-zuri surface Bull GT..... as per example...

, but has a wood body, thru body wired, seems like a good solid lure, slightly heavier than the yo-zuri.
Not sure what the retail on them would be, I would guess in the $35 range I think, maybe $40. I'd pop on owner rings and 4X strong 4/0 or 5/0 owner trebles as well. It does have a rattle, quite an aggresive one actually.
The stickbait/sliders look interesting for kingies too I think, like the green/silver/black stripe one in the middle there, and its mackeral coloured partner.
The guys at DeCoro stole one off me this morning to play with, so I guess we will hear how they go soon, eh :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 8:14pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Think i saw some strike pros at smart marine in Auckland(not sure)..Do you know where i could get them?Cheers
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ginga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 8:48pm
ginga View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

trolling stickbaits is an effective way to cover a bot of water and search out the fish, dont excpect to just put the rod in the holder and drive around though, you still need to work the rod.
But honestly nothing beats the strikes and satisfaction form hooking up on a cast lure.
www.extremesportfishing.co.nz.
Agent for Carpenter, Orion and ASWB products

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 9:05pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just ask at your local store LBD2, if they do not have them, they should be able to get them in for you no worries. I saw the stocks in their warehouse, and there are boxes of all sorts of these lures. The ones above are just the colours they are not going to run, but the blue poppers they have are very similar. Ummmm.... if your shop is not sure who have them.... tell them to call kilwell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Edick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 10:05pm
Edick View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Caught a 30lb whaoo on a big popper I'd been throwin g at GT's up in Aitutaki while on the troll
Page  <12