Kaiaua Launching

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaiaua Launching
    Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:43am
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi

Was thinking of heading off Kaiaua this weekend. I have heard you can launch off the beach along that coast with 4wd. I have got a 6 metre tinny.

What have your experiences been doing that?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jeff007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:13pm
jeff007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I was thinking the same have 6m tinny and  4wd there is a place about 10 mins past Kaiaua that i have seen boats launching or you can join the Guy Goss boating assoc and become a key holder to the concrete all weather ramp inside the quarry am considering this at the moment although rather pricey
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:17pm
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Jeff

Will probably have a nosey up past Kaiaua and if looks alright launch from there. Could be a bit deceiving with high tide at 7am Saturday (about our launch time) and low at 2pm (being about our come back time, Missus organised a BBQ!)

Will keep an eye out for any other feedback. Were you thinking of fishing there this weekend?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jeff007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:21pm
jeff007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heading up to Coromandle for our fishing club day but always looking for somewhere closer to home cause old Waikawai (sp) gets pretty busy on the wekends mate.Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:23pm
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sure does, will let you know how I get on with the launching etc next week.

Is there a Hamilton based fishing club?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jeff007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:25pm
jeff007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Bound to be one there we got a couple here in Morrinsville look forward to hearing from you Brian
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote katolad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:32pm
katolad View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys, we launch just past kaiaua straight off the beach at Whakatiwai, down the end of lowry road. Have a 5metre marco ali and use 4wd, the base there is very firm. can be quite shallow for a 100metres or so when you heading out thats all, but quietly does it and if you are there at low you will get some lines to take for your next trip. i have seen a 5M ali being launched off the beach there years ago with a triumph herald at low no probs. , i havnt managed to get out yet this summer so unsure if the snaps are down that far in numbers yet. But best of luck .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:36pm
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great info, thanks for that!

If the snaps are down there and we manage to catch some will do a report.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 5:13pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heya I'm heading to Kaiaua this Saturday but I'll be launching at the town boat ramp...I find it a bit easier there than trying to launch my glass boat off the beachWink
When people ask me how we got on I say..Yeah We Gottafew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote longchap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:00pm
longchap View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

or you can join the Guy Goss boating assoc and become a key holder to the concrete all weather ramp inside the quarry

could you please provide some more info about where you can buy key to quarry ramp ??????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:02pm
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Is the town boat ramp all tides? Due to the Missus putting pressure on with a do to go to early Saturday evening I will be coming in about low tide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dead Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:09pm
Dead Ant View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Guys,

The Guy C Goss club operates out of the Stevensons Quarry.  The ramp is good for launching around 2-2.5 hours above low tide.  The joining fee is $30 to cover new keys and $200 per year membership.

There used to be a long (5 year) waiting list but recent negotiations have meant there is no waiting list and we are open to new members.

The club secretary is Kath Banks and can be contacted on 09-232 7888

Feel free to PM me with any queries.

Cheers

DA
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:10pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Brimel,Nope the town ramp is tidal.Can only be used at full or half tides....
When people ask me how we got on I say..Yeah We Gottafew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waynosb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:48pm
Waynosb View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Do you have to pay to launch at boat ramp in kaiaua town?