Everyman Boats

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 10:30am
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

With Shona and Jane both speaking highly of their new boats perhaps they should be renamed "Everywoman"
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tennut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 7:42pm
tennut View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by tightlines2 tightlines2 wrote:

With Shona and Jane both speaking highly of their new boats perhaps they should be remaned "Everywoman"
    You dont remane boats, you remane bald lions!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote delabrown@xtra.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:40pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

How about a couple of pic to add to the what's ya rig topic from those with their new Everyman.
---/---
Better a Slackline that goes Tight than a Tightline that Goes Snap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hikabirdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:27am
hikabirdie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had another great day out on the water in our everyman 635 not many fish but the boat goes so well it didn't matter.  Perfect for divers wide sides great for dropping of so easy to drive and goes like a rocket the 150 four stroke yamaha we got on the back so quiet we sometimes forget it's going when it is in neutral.  This boat gets the thumbs up from me and a triple A!!!!!!! rating recommendTongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:11am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree, I think we need some pics of this boat... on the water and on the trailer please!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reelimin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:46am
Reelimin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The Everyman Boat I have looked at seems to have a very small vee for a Scott Robson Design??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moki Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 3:33pm
Moki Marko View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Don't think the Everyman is a Scott Robson design, is it? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reelimin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 4:26am
Reelimin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If they are not a Scott Robson then they must be by Kevin hall? Kevin is the only other designer that comes close to Scott Robson
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moki Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 5:12pm
Platinum
Platinum

Regardless of who designed the Everyman boat (check the tradeaboat site for details) I agree with you reelimin that they have relatively flat bottoms. I think that with a stiff plate hull and a reasonably pointy nose they will be OK in a moderate chop, but, there is no magic formula, a 15 degree deadrise will not make for a softriding hull.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reelimin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:43am
Reelimin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have had a look at the tradeaboat articles also the one paper magazine test and none of them mention who the designer is. So I can only presume it is Kevin Hall. He is a wierd ******* to deal with and keeps a low profile behind the scenes. Yes you are correct there seems to be no majic formula for deep vee against stability at rest.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moki Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 9:12am
Platinum
Platinum

Always difficult to get a handle on 'what's a good boat?' As we have seen above, anyone who has just shelled out huge dosh is likely to be biased, the magazine articles are next to useless and are effectively PR releases from the boatmakers, I mean, how often have you read the lines: "it was a beautiful day on the Waitamata with flat seas... etc etc,  whats the point? When i questioned Propeller magazine when they described the Stabi 589 as a 'soft rider' I was told that you can't campare a boat like this with a deep v glass boat!!! well hello, what were they comparing it with? a barn door? In fact i'd bet if you stuck a few rod holders and a motor on a bathtub (and spent enough money on advertising) they'd take it out on a flat day and call it a 'soft riding hull' - and yes, people would buy them and say they are great. It would even win innovation awards at the boatshow "it's great, the bung is on the inside", 
Page  <12